cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A airbag suspension

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had this experience. 1999 Monaco DP, roadmaster airbag suspension. Arrived at our campsite last Thursday, dumped the air, set up camp and everything went well. Ready to leave this morning, airbags pump up on driver side, but not on passenger side. Not sure where I might even begin to look. I do not hear any air leaking. I've contacted a repair facility, but they're hours away. Suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I actually carry a spare rubber end... just in case. Now if I can only remember where I put it.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
You have two ride height valves, probably on the rear axle. There is a rod with rubber connectors, check that it's still attached. If it is then slip the rubber end off and work the ride height valve back and forth and see if it will raise. Since it's already down on one side you can probably slide in from the other side and as long as you stay under the axle you'll be safe enough.

Thanks, valve works fine, one of the rubber ends broke. A temporary fix will at least get me home.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you have any regular "inflators" on it (for manual fill) to get you by until the repair?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have two ride height valves, probably on the rear axle. There is a rod with rubber connectors, check that it's still attached. If it is then slip the rubber end off and work the ride height valve back and forth and see if it will raise. Since it's already down on one side you can probably slide in from the other side and as long as you stay under the axle you'll be safe enough.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad valve or stuck check valve would be my first two choices. Start at the pump and look at each connection. You will find one of the two things I mentioned. Tap on them with the end of a screw driver and see if they will break free. Also if there are any wires to any valves, check to be sure they have power to them. Could be as simple as a blown fuse.