cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A with seating in back

SleepyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
When I was a kid I got to go on an rv trip and had a blast. One thing I liked about the one we went in (sorry don't remember brand its been 40 years) was that in the back it had bench seating with a table that converted into beds. We have 2 kids and I've been looking for one that has two separated seating areas so they could each get some alone time. I've seen the thor model that converts but that is only a double bed in the back. Also saw a Forest River that had bunks in the hallway that could be used but that has more sleeping area that would be wasted for us since we only have 4 people. Anyone know of one that has seatbelts (with removable table)in the back that converts to a king or queen? Would like to be in the 30'-35' range if possible.

Haven't had any luck in my searches.

Thanks
Sleeping our way across the US
14 REPLIES 14

SleepyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks mlslcan. That one is actually close to us since we are in north Alabama.

mlslcan
Explorer
Explorer
Until the Bounder was mentioned I was focus on having a rear dinette. Winnebago made some with a similar layout as the Bounder. The 37B floorplan. Here is one for sale

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2005-Winnebago-ADVENTURER-37B-120863086

Mike

SleepyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Brodon. Found a flyer with the floor plan you mentioned for the 2005 Dolphin. Doesn't look like it was a popular choice or folks are still driving theirs. None on RV Trader.

MrWizard
pictures ? model number ?
it will give the OP something to look for online
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

brodon
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2005 dolphin has 2 chairs and table in the back with rear window.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
fortytwo wrote:
Saw a small Class C a couple of years ago that had a rear dinette. Think it was Canadian, but can't remember the brand. Someone would have to sleep in the overhead to sleep 4 though. Most of the small Class C's we've rented overseas (Maui brand named) have had the rear dinette/bed plus a cabover bed.

Our old 1972 Lifetime Class A (23 foot) had a rear couch that converted to a bed, plus a dinette/bed behind the cockpit, and a bed over the cockpit. Hard to find that layout today.

Yes class C's have more "interesting" options. Many Toyota builts have bathrooms in he back and dinette beds, along with "sofa" bench beds, plus overhead bunk in tiny packages (I wish they still made them as I'd buy another instantly!).

For class A, yes, I have not seen a modern one in YEARS with dinette in the back.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
The rear dinette used to be very common in class C's, and even some small class A's, but I'm not aware of any modern A's with that layout, and the only class C available now I know of that is similar is the Lazy Daze 24' Twin King Bed,

shown here.

Here's a pic
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

MrWizard
That rear floor plan is hard to find in a new coach

A booth dinette is an option on many of today's floor plans,
You can add your own seat belts

The rear convertible lounge design is gone, replaced by the permanent bed with storage underneath
You might have to get a custom build to get that
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never saw that in a class A, but for Class C's, FourWinds (Thor) had a 28D non-slide model which had a dinette in the back on one side with 2 bunks on the other side.

Plus another dinette up front with a sofa.

I know they were making them back in 2004 when we were researching our "ideal motorhome". 🙂 Our problem with it was not enough storage for the way we intended to use it and a non-slide motorhome doesn't work with a playpen and a gold retriever! LOL

Good Luck in you search,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

SleepyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the continued input. Thats close Effy but with the free-standing chairs, we couldn't use while we are driving. Sorry if I didn't clarify that sooner. Both areas need belts for the kids.

https://thormotorcoach.com/vegas/floorplans/

The 25.5 Axis and Vegas RUV Class A is close but if you've made the back beds into the king no one can get to the bathroom.

The 24.1 Axis and Vegas RUV Class A is really close except it doesn't look like you can use it for seating while in motion since it isn't showing any seatbelts on the rear twin beds.

fortytwo
Explorer
Explorer
Saw a small Class C a couple of years ago that had a rear dinette. Think it was Canadian, but can't remember the brand. Someone would have to sleep in the overhead to sleep 4 though. Most of the small Class C's we've rented overseas (Maui brand named) have had the rear dinette/bed plus a cabover bed.

Our old 1972 Lifetime Class A (23 foot) had a rear couch that converted to a bed, plus a dinette/bed behind the cockpit, and a bed over the cockpit. Hard to find that layout today.
Wes
"A beach house isn't just real estate. It's a state of mind." Pole Sitter in Douglas Adams MOSTLY HARMLESS

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen a modern motorhome with the dinette in back. Likely because functionally you'd be walking through the bedroom to get to the dining area. In terms of "separate" areas - my favorite floorplan is the Challenger 37kt. The front living area has French doors to make it a separate room. It also has a fold out couch and optional bunk to make this a true separate living/sleeping area. The dining area is sectioned off in the hall with floor to ceiling windows and the rear is the master BR, again sectioned off. Love that floorplan.

37kt example
2013 ACE 29.2

SleepyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen the dinettes up front but never a second in back for newer models

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lots of coaches still come with the seating "dinette". Nice thing about them is the storage under each bench. When doing your search, look for or add a filter with 'dinette' in the search box. You'll most likely have to add the seat belts if that's important to you....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG