cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class B Rally Question

Rozzie1944
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to this forum. We just purchased a used Great West Van in May and have taken 2-3 trips so far. Just returned from a 6 week trip from Florida to Canada and then back through the mid-west back to Florida where we live full time.

I would love to connect with other Class B RVers and would like to find out more information about the Rally that is to be held in 2017 in Williamsburg, VA.

If you have any information on this, please let me know.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
A few facts:
  • When someone is interested enough in Class B RVs to find RV.net and this forum (Class B - Camping Van Conversions), the sticky at the top leads the reader to the current Annual Class B Rally discussion thread.
  • Someone accessing the Class B Rally thread for the first time would logically start at the oldest entry in the thread first, and that post has a pointer to b-rally.org that is the website for the rally where all information about the rallies is condensed in one place.
  • If the reader wants to follow the rally discussion thread, clicking on Subscribe in the forum header will result in an email sent to the reader whenever a new post appears. There is a link in the email that will take the reader directly to the new post in the rally thread.
  • Or, a reader can simply create a bookmark on their browser for the rally discussion thread that takes them directly to it.

Initially I felt our banishment from discussions about the rally in the CVC forum was a mistake, but I have come to the conclusion that the way RV.net now handles this issue is the simplest one available. If rally discussion threads popped up randomly in the CVC forum, information about the rally would not be as easy to find as it is now. (In my opinion. :))
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the problem. When people have other Rally's they will want to post them in the B forum too. None of the other forums allow Rally discussions, that's what the Rally forum is for. You weren't here back in the old days, so didn't see how things got out of control, and confusing.
I created the Sticky, and if anyone wants to post info about their Rally, or Get-Together just send the info. to Admin and he will add it in the Sticky.
If the Sticky link is devoid of info. then that's the fault of the organizers, and attendees.

401nailhead
Explorer
Explorer
cheers

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
The reason the sticky is there is so the Rally is discussed in the Rally thread not here. Admin will close this thread.

401nailhead
Explorer
Explorer
Rozzie1944:
Actually, the sticky here is very devoid of current information. As My Roadtrek mentioned, there is a discussion thread on the Rally forum here at RV.net. For some reason, the moderator here in the B discussion has a real hair trigger to move any mention of a possible B gathering, and the B Rally, out of this area (Class B forum) as soon as possible. So probably expect this particular thread discussion will be moved over to the Rally forum. So please join us there in that forum, if needed. Also, be sure to check out the B Rally website here: http://www.b-rally.org/index.htm

As you explore that website, be sure to check previous year rallies, to see photos, events, meals, sponsors, locations, etc. It is a GREAT group of people. My wife and I are still relative newbies, and I already volunteer to help (2017 will be just our 3rd year, and it is now a favorite event). Many new attendees are welcomed each year and have a great time, in my observations. So please plan to join us in May 2017. The website will have information updated every so often, and then the forum thread will have discussion every so often as well, picking up in activity as time goes on. So please feel free to ask any questions, it just helps to get the conversation going! Cheers!

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
There is a "Rally" Sticky at the top of the Class B home page. It has all the info, and link to the thread in the Rally forum.