cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C jacks?

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Who has Lippert brand 4 point leveling on their coach and how do you like it?

Does it do its job? Repairs if any...etc.

Thanks
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape
14 REPLIES 14

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
Had Bigfoots installed on our Jayco, Melbourne. Great, easy to use fully automatic. Once in while I have to use some Linx since the throw of the leveler is not sufficient. A class C limits the throw of the levelers. Today I had to use 2 but also it raised the front tires about 1.5 inches of the gravel. Small price to pay for level.

Glad we spent the money. I found a coupon from the company while in Fla a couple of years ago and called. Install was on sale. I did not want to travel from home to there in winter/early spring. THey gave me the sale price when I was ready. Drove up one day, spent the night behind the factory and was on my may home before lunch the next day.
Jim Hunter

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Harvard wrote:
Typically, how much weight do levelers add to the MH?

X-2

Dusty

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
Typically, how much weight do levelers add to the MH?

NC_Roamer
Explorer
Explorer
Our Jayco Greyhawk 31FK came with the factory installed Bigfoot automatic levelers. They are great. I remember my dad carting 2x6 and 4x6 blocks to level his 1971 Winnebago Brave. Pressing the auto button is much simpler. Since we are rather new at this, I had to call the Bigfoot support line on a Saturday afternoon with a question. The fellow who answered was very helpful and patient with this tenderfoot RVer.
2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Hank85713 wrote:
I know folks say they just push the button and its done, I cant say that nor can my Brother in law who has a class A. He also uses blocks for the pads to level and even has to level manually. On mine the auto feature raises the back and the front stays down!

I also pre-level the rv when we get to a parking place. 2x10s or maybe the yellow stack pads. But be careful when putting the jacks down on soft ground or even asphalt they can stick or sink. If its raining and not off level much I just wait till it stops then add the blocks under the jacks.

On my class A I just press the button and let it do its thing. With air ride / air leveling thats all thats needed and it will adust itself from time to time
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the Bigfoot levelers. Mine came on the motorhome which I ordered from the Jayco factory. After being built, the motorhome was delivered to Bigfoot in White Pigeon and the jacks were installed before the unit was shipped to the dealer. Mine are the fully automatic model and I've been back the factory in White Pigeon twice for minor service work during the 8 1/2 years I've owned the motorhome. I highly recommend Bigfoot!
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
I know folks say they just push the button and its done, I cant say that nor can my Brother in law who has a class A. He also uses blocks for the pads to level and even has to level manually. On mine the auto feature raises the back and the front stays down!

I also pre-level the rv when we get to a parking place. 2x10s or maybe the yellow stack pads. But be careful when putting the jacks down on soft ground or even asphalt they can stick or sink. If its raining and not off level much I just wait till it stops then add the blocks under the jacks.

Prpl_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
NekkidFish - sorry for the tardy reply to your question. I've not been online for a couple of days. Bigfoot Levelers are not cheap. That being said, I still chose to go with the most expensive model (fully automatic) they have and ended up paying in the neighborhood of $4200.00 which included installation. They do offer the levelers without installation. I figured that if I was going to buy the levelers, then I wanted them to do the install instead of a local who has never installed such things. The people at their factory were all very professional and courteous. I really can't say enough good about them. If I ever have another RV that needed levelers, I would do it again in a heart beat.

Because of my timing, I paid full price for the levelers. Quadra Mfg. (makers of Bigfoot Levelers) usually has two sales a year. In the spring they usually have a discount on the installation cost and in the fall they discount the price of the levelers. Watch their website for advertisements on these sales.
2009 31F Four Winds Dutchmen E-450

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Prpl lady, can I ask what kind of cost for the Bigfoots?
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!

Prpl_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Bigfoot levelers on my class C. I went to the factory in White Pigeon, MI to have them installed. Absolutely love them!! You could always order your new C without levelers if you do not have much confidence in the brand that they offer. Then go to Bigfoot and get them installed as an after market. White Pigeon is not too far from Cincinnati.
2009 31F Four Winds Dutchmen E-450

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe wrote:
I bought the HWH kick down jacks, shortly after I arrived in a CG when it was pouring rain.

HWH was what I had on my sped sheet for a class C that Im looking at but the salesman told me they use this other brand. All in all In not too impressed with their specs
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the HWH kick down jacks, shortly after I arrived in a CG when it was pouring rain.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
micpib1 wrote:
I have been looking at the Bigfoot Jacks for my new Class C, I am hoping Santa thinks I have been a good boy this year. JH

Keep cookies and milk out for Santa.....:B
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

micpib1
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking at the Bigfoot Jacks for my new Class C, I am hoping Santa thinks I have been a good boy this year. JH