cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleaning slide out toppers

OHFullTimer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Winnebago motor home with slide out toppers that also have metal covers on the side of the slideout that covers or protects the canvas. When the slideout is put in any leaves, twigs, etc on tip of the topper is rolled into the gap between the topper and the metal cover. It is impossible to remove this debris without removing the metal cover. Does anyone know of an aftermarket item that precludes this before I remove and dispose of this metal cover?
3 REPLIES 3

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not sure what area you are talking about, but when we get ready to go, DH washes the roof and cleans out and sprays the crud out of the eave type edge at the top of the metal cover. We don't have a problem with leaves getting into any other area.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
First, you should always clean the toppers before you retract them so that doesn't happen. I know it's hard to do, you have to get the ladder out, etc. But I sure did it when we had toppers. Nothing is worse than parking under a tree that drops berries. What a mess!

Our new coach doesn't have slide toppers and I won't miss them. They vibrate on windy days/nights.

Now, that is not going to eliminate me getting up to check our slide tops. We will also need to keep them clean as not to damage the air bladder seal that fills up to block out the debris/air/water that might get up there.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Look at page 3 of this Colorado awning cover manual. Most are made similarly.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams