cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generator for 92 Tioga arrow 27'

dog_walker
Explorer
Explorer
My 92 Tioga 27' motorhome did not come with a generator, if it had come with one, does anyone know what manufacture and model might have been used? Thanks,
8 REPLIES 8

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen an Onan 2 cyclindar 1200 RPM in a mh.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully, your rig already has provisions for remotely starting the genset from inside the rig.You'll also need heavy guage cables from the house or starting battery to start the generator. You will probably plug the shore cable plug into the generator to get generator power into the rig if you don't use a transfer switch setup.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II

These aren't to scale, but you can see how the Emerald stands taller than the KY. I think they have about the same "footprint" but Emerald needs more "headroom."
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Emerald is about twice the machine a Microquiet is. That's if my recall is correct and Emerald is a twin-cylinder opposed unit running 1800-RPM. The "KY" series is single-cylinder 3600-RPM. BUT!!! KY-series requires a much lower genset bay than the twin-cylinders. If all you have is a low-profile bay, you don't really get to choose an Emerald.

dog_walker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info fellas!

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
My 91 came with Onan 4000 Emerald Plus - not sure when they switched to Micro-lite.
Kevin

Calisdad
Explorer
Explorer
j-d is on the money. My '94 Tioga has an Onan Microlite 4KW.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
ONAN is the most popular, so I'd guess it would've been ONAN Microlite 4-Kilowatt. The series designation is "4KY." There's also a Generac that fits. I'd go ONAN.

It happens that the 4KY series is a 4-kilowatt (KW) generator. There are many 4KW generators, but not all are ONAN KY's.