Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO Detector

Dandie_Dinmont
Explorer
Explorer
Pleasure-Way -2006 ..DW would like to travel with the bed down in the
queen size position. The CO monitor would be very difficult to shut-off due to location on the van.
Question: Can I remove this fuse for this item without causing other
problems?

We would purchase a monitor that can be mounted near the bathroom
area.

Thanks,
Len
Len, Rebecca & MacDuff
3 REPLIES 3

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
There are three different detectors. The one at the bottom is for propane, and usually is attached to the 12 volt system. Then there is a detector for CO and a fire alarm, sometimes combined.

I like having at least two additional combined smoke/CO alarms, and changing out the 9 volt batteries every time change.

The propane one, I understand that it can get annoying (I woke up to it going off when voltage was low.) There are combined propane/CO gas detectors. I'd buy at least one of those if I were to disconnect the main propane alarm. That way, it won't be keening in the middle of the night, but one has protection.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Our's would go off when the battery voltage got low. Now let's see boondocking without power. I didn't need and alarm going off at 2 AM to tell me the battery was low. I was not edumacated (intentional) on the inner workings of the detector. I made up a spray bottle of soapy water and checked every LP connection. Once I earned my dummy degree in detectors I added a on/off rocker switch next to the little alarm clock. If it doesn't behave I flip it's switch and give it an electronic sock in it's mouth.

To all the nay sayer's on disabling the device, I promise if I wake up dead I'll never say a thing about it.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just disconnect wire on unit. Fuse may feed other things.

Install a battery powered one 1 foot below ceiling.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31