cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Convection Oven

DesertHiker
Explorer
Explorer
My RV has a microwave/convection oven. I am learning to use the convection oven! Do you keep the rack in when convection ovening?... The rack is metal with orange rubber tips on the legs. It raises the food/pan off the glass rotating tray.
DesertHiker
home base is Bend, Oregon
9 REPLIES 9

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
We installed a Dometic convection microwave in our 5er, DW loves it for baking cookies, meatloaf, casseroles, but not pizza. I think the size of the pizza limits the amount of circulation of the heated air to cook the crust. We use the gas oven for pizza and pies.
Ours has a grill microwave setting, havenโ€™t tried it yet as we have a gas BBQ, and donโ€™t want to clean up the spatter after.
Yes we use the tray for cookies, rubber feet might have been for shipping?
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Rubber tips just to keep the rack from sliding around.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
what does oven temp do to rubber tips?
bumpy

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
A convection oven is basically just a regular oven with a fan to circulate the air. (Obviously, the combo unit also has a microwave oven sharing the same cavity, but that's not applicable to convection mode.) Cook like you would in a regular oven or a toaster oven, with stuff racked roughly in the middle of the oven for best results. Bake time and/or temperature often need to be reduced a little compared with non-convection ovens since the air circulation speeds heat transfer to your food.

DesertHiker
Explorer
Explorer
I have a High Pointe. It turned itself off in the middle of baking cookies.
I assumed it blew a fuse, as it wouldnโ€™t turn back on. But it did so the next day. I am glad to know I was baking correctly, even if ineffectively!
DesertHiker
home base is Bend, Oregon

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. When baking, you want to place the pan on the upper rack so it is higher. This allows the air to circulate better.
We have the High Pointe brand. It works well.
happynow

Steve and Carol

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Without the rack the heat wonโ€™t circulate.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Yes.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
It works much better when the air circulates ALL around.