Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Cat Replacement?

torinoscj429
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All

I'm removing the terrible excuse for an air conditioner called the Cool Cat from my 99 Xplorer 230XLWT Class B motorhome. The thing is so noisy that I was relieved when it finally quit cooling last season, and I had a good reason to replace it with a household unit.

Has anyone else done this? From what I can tell, I'll need a "Wall" A/C with a sleeve, not a "Window" A/C, because the thing is buried in the top rear wall of the RV.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Gerard
5 REPLIES 5

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe go to WM and get one of those portable room AC units instead. About $200.
john 'I am Canadian'

torinoscj429
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
Pop-ups use rooftop mounted air conditioners not ones mounted in a wall like you describe.
Barney

The new style A frame pop ups use a floor mounted Cool Cat.

Gerard

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pop-ups use rooftop mounted air conditioners not ones mounted in a wall like you describe.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

torinoscj429
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
I think you may have more luck with this question in the Class B MH forum where you posted your other question. I will move it there. Good luck. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney

Could you please put this back into the old category? No other Class B motorhomes mount the Cool Cat like Xplorer did, and they only did it one year. Pop ups use this more than Class B motorhomes.

Thanks, Gerard

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think you may have more luck with this question in the Class B MH forum where you posted your other question. I will move it there. Good luck. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine