cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cost of fixing fogged windows

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
I have a couple fogged side glass panes in my coach. I am a die hard do it yourselfer, so any way that I can do that is best for me. But if I need to send them in, that is doable. What kind of methods or costs have you experienced?
1999 Harney Renegade
Mostly used for overnights at the drag strip.
26 REPLIES 26

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
10forty2 wrote:
Bucky....I have one window (driver's side fixed panel) that is fogged and after an exhaustive research on repair vs replace, I am replacing. Mine is an Atwood. I called Atwood directly and spoke to a super nice representative. Once we determined which replacement window I actually needed, I ordered the replacement and am into the new window for $150 plus shipping. Most DIY repair kits I found were $250+. Most repair places wanted $275+ and I would have had to send the the window for repair or drive the coach to them. My recommendation is to call the manufacturer and see what a replacement costs vs the DIY project. I never would have thought that it would be cheaper to get a new window than to repair it and use your own glass, but in my case it is! Good Luck!

Where does one look to find out who supplied the windows?
1999 Harney Renegade

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
Well that is good to know. I will check it out. But then Monaco said they don't have much in the way of info for the Harney Motorcoaches. Hopefully it is just like the ones put in others. The first one I want to do is the door window up front. (pusher with frontward door) Then the driver's window.
1999 Harney Renegade

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky....I have one window (driver's side fixed panel) that is fogged and after an exhaustive research on repair vs replace, I am replacing. Mine is an Atwood. I called Atwood directly and spoke to a super nice representative. Once we determined which replacement window I actually needed, I ordered the replacement and am into the new window for $150 plus shipping. Most DIY repair kits I found were $250+. Most repair places wanted $275+ and I would have had to send the the window for repair or drive the coach to them. My recommendation is to call the manufacturer and see what a replacement costs vs the DIY project. I never would have thought that it would be cheaper to get a new window than to repair it and use your own glass, but in my case it is! Good Luck!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
I like it!
1999 Harney Renegade

Community Alumni
Not applicable
GRonken wrote:
You may be interested in this:

Window Repair

I bought a kit from Dave he was very helpful. I have now done 4 windows.....it's an all day process you will need help on the larger windows....and use gloves and wear old clothes....that black sealer gets all over and you won't get it off. FYI

GRonken
Explorer
Explorer
You may be interested in this:

Window Repair
Glenn & Marcie

2003 38' Monaco Diplomat | 2001 Chevy 1500 Silverado Dinghy

F1 | D3 | HN7000S | 83W | WRT54GC
Sprint Air Card | KR1 Router |Wilson Wireless Amplifier

Retired Firefighter / Arson Investigator

911 we shall NEVER forget!

See Where We Are

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Since we don't know where you are located, it is hard to tell you what repairing the windows will cost. I know of one place that charges about $250/window and has a place with full hook-ups for you to stay while they remove, repair, and replace your windows with a lifetime warranty. To many it is just not worth the hassle to try to save a few bucks, especially if you are talking about windows that are difficult to remove.

Northwest Illinois. I did mention being a die hard do-it-yourselfer right?
1999 Harney Renegade

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since we don't know where you are located, it is hard to tell you what repairing the windows will cost. I know of one place that charges about $250/window and has a place with full hook-ups for you to stay while they remove, repair, and replace your windows with a lifetime warranty. To many it is just not worth the hassle to try to save a few bucks, especially if you are talking about windows that are difficult to remove.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Go here

irv2 files section

and download the file titled "fogged window repair"

and you'll see how I did one repair. It's not hard, but time consuming.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bucky1320 wrote:
It seems like my searches are often less effective than those that others do.
It does take practice. Use Advanced search, fewer words, and not Exact matches. For this subject, I'd probably just look for 'fogged', and see what that returns.

Google is an absolute master at this. Where I'm really blown away is in their Map searches. Address parsing is no easy job - I used to do that for a living. It's very challenging.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
It seems like my searches are often less effective than those that others do. That is much better than what I came up with . Thank you !
1999 Harney Renegade

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I did the search for you. Click below and read on....Dennis

Clicky
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG