Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter Top Convection Ovens hey or nay

MaineCamperBear
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
We have just upgraded from 16 yr old travel trailer to a new to us 2009 Tioga. Has anyone carried a counter top convection oven with them? Lighting the small oven has become difficult to impossible for me and I was thinking of getting a counter top convection oven and turning the oven into a storage cubby.
Thanks for any comments or suggestions
11 REPLIES 11

MaineCamperBear
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your ideas and thoughts!I really appreciate it. Lot's of new things to think about with the new MH, our old TT just sat at our camp so never worried about things in motion.
I had bought an air fryer originally but hubby thought I was trying to "sneak" healthy food into him,so he balked at what I made in the Air Fryer. (Silly man, if he only knew how well he he really eats! Shhhhhh...wives secret. LOL!)
Thank you for the "rounded back" oven thought,that will be handy.
We are 30 amps but are used to checking what's running.
Safe Travels to all!

ronfisherman
If you do not have a Microwave either. This Cuisinart combo unit works well for us.
It cannot be used as a overhead unit. Needs side air clearance.
We use it in our house. MH came with a Amana Microwave/Convection.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a countertop conv/bake/grill oven. Keep it on a cover over the gas burners. Rides fine, put pieces of the scoot guard under it. Use it all the time. Think I paid about 40 or 50 for it at WalMart.

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
Carried one for years. I use it for everything, just as I do at home. Since we're 30 amp I do have to keep track of what else is using elec....usually just need to shut off the hot water heater.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have one in our TC, would not be without it.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
My Kiwi 17a didn't come with an oven. I use a Oster XL convection, with the rounded interior back for pizza.
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g

charlysmom_dad
Explorer
Explorer
We carried this one in our 36' Bounder. We never used the propane oven. When we downsized, the new mh came without an oven. We still carry the countertop convection oven.

Convection oven clicky.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
We didn’t use and removed the entire gas range/oven combo. Then put the convection/microwave where it was...left the sides open (2” on top and both sides) for ventilation. Our table top had the same finish as the countertop so I cut it down to fit across the top so the counter is smooth. I added a floor vent from Lowes at the rear of the counter over the new oven so the existing fan pulls heat out. Removed the original microwave and use that cabinet for storage. We can run the oven and AC at the same time, but nothing else. PM me with your email if you’d like a pix.

Almost forgot, made new table top out of red cedar live edge wood and epoxied it.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought an "air fryer" for the RV, it is basically a convection oven with a high speed fan. I bought one for the sticks and bricks house on black Friday, and have been using it much more than I expected I would, so the other day I bought a more compact model with a carrying handle on top for the RV, it is almost exactly a 1 ft cube. I can't comment too much on it as Amazon has not yet delivered it, but I would suggest it as being in consideration, mine is an Avalon Bay Brand, it was $99 on pre-order when I bought mine the other day, now listed at $129.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
You don't mention whether you have a 30 amp or 50 amp RV. Those counter top ovens are energy hogs, so you may have some tripping breakers if a 30 amp RV. The A/C and oven will max out a 30 amp circuit, so be careful with an electric water heater and even the refrigerator on electric.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Many people have put a spark thing from a grill in the oven. I used one with a battery and connections for four electrodes, three for the burners and one for the oven.