cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service 2

marcdohc
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased my 2016 Thor Challenger 37kt back in December 2015. It's been in the shop 9 times. One of the main problems is a tracking issue. When you behind the motorhome you can see drive down the road crooked. I wet the tires with a garden hose and drove forward in a straight line. It allows you to see the tire tracks are not straight. The right side tire tracks show three tire marks on the right side the middle tire track being the front. But it only shows two tire tracks on the left side of the coach. That's because the front tire drives on the same track as the left rear tire. It's the oddest thing you've ever seen. There's actually a space between the two tire tracks. Being new here I haven't learned how to post a pic yet. They've sent me from Ford dealers to Ford dealer and repair shop to repair shop and nobody is willing to fix it. I wish they would just give me my money back for this POS.
Marc DeNardo
2016 Thor Challenge 37kt
18 REPLIES 18

marcdohc
Explorer
Explorer
Does this make sense? If I run my generator and put both ACs on it blows one of the circuits on the generator and I lose both AC's. The generate has two circuits, shouldn't one AC be on each circuit? Is this normal or is this a Thor thing?
2016 Thor Challenge 37kt

marcdohc
Explorer
Explorer
As I mentioned earlier in my post, I went my tires with a garden hose and drove in a straight line here is my tire prints. Thanks to the dude who showed me how to do this!
2016 Thor Challenge 37kt

n3eqf
Explorer
Explorer
Harold Fairbanks II wrote:

Even Thor's own forums are full of nothing but complaints about Thor's s*** quality control.

Before you threw all of that money away you should have done 5 minutes of research online.

If there is one thing Thor is known for, it's ****.

Well, it's more like ALL forums are such an ideal place for people to air complaints about ANYTHING, that's mostly what you see. Better research is to ask Thor owners how they like their rig when you're at campgrounds. I'm sure you'll hear from some who had bad experiences, but I doubt if it's so overwhelmingly-awful as you are stating.

Yes, I like my Windsport and no, I'm not getting paid to say it.
Tom
2015 Thor Windsport 27K

marcdohc
Explorer
Explorer
A men!
2016 Thor Challenge 37kt

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
marcdohc wrote:
I purchased my 2016 Thor Challenger 37kt back in December 2015. It's been in the shop 9 times. One of the main problems is a tracking issue. When you behind the motorhome you can see drive down the road crooked. I wet the tires with a garden hose and drove forward in a straight line. It allows you to see the tire tracks are not straight. The right side tire tracks show three tire marks on the right side the middle tire track being the front. But it only shows two tire tracks on the left side of the coach. That's because the front tire drives on the same track as the left rear tire. It's the oddest thing you've ever seen. There's actually a space between the two tire tracks. Being new here I haven't learned how to post a pic yet. They've sent me from Ford dealers to Ford dealer and repair shop to repair shop and nobody is willing to fix it. I wish they would just give me my money back for this POS.
Marc DeNardo

Check the lemon laws for your state and with how many chances they get to fix it. If you get your money back, you might want to look into something else. There shouldn't be a statue of limitations, either, if you've been continually taking it back for the same repair.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Harold_Fairbank
Explorer
Explorer
You should have researched Thor's abysmal quality control and complete lack of customer service before you bought your motorhome.

Even Thor's own forums are full of nothing but complaints about Thor's s*** quality control.

Before you threw all of that money away you should have done 5 minutes of research online.

If there is one thing Thor is known for, it's ****.

This was your fault.

marcdohc
Explorer
Explorer
To those who think I should fix this with my own money. The name of the original post is customer service. As someone who's experienced the worst customer service, I feel that it's necessary for me to tell as many people as I can just how bad it has been dealing with Thor's warranty customer service department. They built a motorhome on a crooked chassis and will not take responsibility for it. I know I could just end the whole thing by dumping 5k-10k into it and fixing it but I don't feel that I should have to do that. When someone I've never met before tells me, "I should just fix it with my own money and get on with my life" my assumption is, they're paycheck says Thor on it.
Marc DeNardo
2016 Thor Challenge 37kt

Cranemec
Explorer
Explorer
Take it a truck alignment center. Ford has no idea what to do with it. As others have stated, take matters into your own hands and quit fooling with the dealer(CW was suspected, if that is the case, RUN AWAY).
2015 American Coach Tradition 42G

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
katoomer wrote:
Take it to a heavy duty truck frame and alignment shop. If the frame was built crooked they might be able to find a way to compensate for that. The Ford dealers are most likely not knowledgable enough. Dump trucks and the like get twisted all the time. They can be fixed.

This is the correct answer. The OP has been fooling around with RV dealers who have zero experience with heavy duty suspensions. He has been to Ford dealers who *might* be able to align a Ford Fiesta correctly, but don't know diddly squat about heavy truck alignments.

Take it to a heavy truck shop, get it corrected, spend whatever it costs, then get on with your life and enjoy your motorhome.

Tntman
Explorer
Explorer
As I stated before, check the Federal Magnuson/Moss Consumer Protection Act. If it applies, it sure sounds like it, find a lawyer who will take the case on "contingency". Hope the moderator doesn't erase my post, people need this information.
I would not wait much longer, you been fooling with this for almost two years.
ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST,
Mike, Jill and our dog Goshe
Our Booger dog is with us in a custom urn, miss ya Boogs
2003 Tiffin Phaeton, Roadmaster tow products, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Good Sam, SKP, FMCA F292654

katoomer
Explorer
Explorer
Take it to a heavy duty truck frame and alignment shop. If the frame was built crooked they might be able to find a way to compensate for that. The Ford dealers are most likely not knowledgable enough. Dump trucks and the like get twisted all the time. They can be fixed.
2009 Newmar Ventana 3942
2010 Pace Shadow 18ft
2010 KTM 450 XCW six days
2010 Can Am Outlander 650 XT
2014 Can Am Outlander 500
2007 Yamaha YZ250F
1989 Douglas Skater 21' Twin 2.5s

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dash cam and follow behind the coach. Then post the pictures everywhere....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Something to check. My brother in law bought a new 2016 Southwind on the F53 chassis. It was tracking wrong and the left rear fender was farther away from the tire than the right rear, by 2". Local Ford truck shop found that the pin that centers the leaf springs to the frame was bent and allowed the springs to shift.

Just a shot...take a look.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

marcdohc
Explorer
Explorer
The Ford dealer says there is no adjustment on the rear axle. He said the thrust angle is within specs. He said it can be off as much as.050 mine is off .042 When you are behind the rig as it drives down the road you can see the rear bumper is off 12 in hes from the front bumper. You can actually see the whole driver side of the coach. I think in addition to the thrust angle being off these fools built a out of rack and unplumb box. Is a bunch of other problems too but I won't bore you. It's funny because I want others to read my post and stay away from this company. Unfortunately as I read other people's post prior to my purchase I didn't listen to them. I figured it's probably just a bunch of whiners, surely all that coaches can't be bad.
Marc DeNardo
2016 Thor Challenge 37kt