cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Damon

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I know Damon had been considered none of the better lines, and was bought out by Thor in 2003. Were they still seen as a better line in 2013?
2 REPLIES 2

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought a Damon Essence new in 2008 (Freightliner chassis 425 hp Cummings) For a while it was great and we made a few long trips to S Dakota, Colorado and Wyoming. On the road it was a great coach to drive and had lots of power.
Somewhere along the line, small things would happen - slide would not go out, rear camera quit working, step well cover quit working. Cables that worked the slide had wrapped abound each other.
I tried to call Thor/Damon for assistance and got a grouchy old lady who could only tell me "you need to see the dealer you bought it from". I tried to tell her that the dealer had stopped selling Damon.
Long story but my point is this - our coach was the top of the line price-wise, for a poorly designed set of systems that did not like each other. Freightliner chassis is great but the quality of the coach is pretty shoddy compared to other motorhomes we have owned.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know when Damon was ever considered one of the better lines. I remember back in 2003 when we were shopping for our first motorhome and looked at and drove a Damon Daybreak. Haven't set foot in a Damon product since. Just my opinion -- maybe others will offer additional insight.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress