cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash Cam on Class A

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a favorite dash cam for a Class A? It looks like many are tailored for a sloped car windshield or mirror, of which my Class A has neither.

I do have a 12V socket on the dash near the base of the windshield.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed
34 REPLIES 34

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is the one I use. I like it because it'll take a 64GB card and when it records the time, your speed and your location is displayed. Simply plug in and go...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't see where go-pro made a dash cam. I guess I was looking for something that had the software that would make it a little more passive for me (loop). I don't want to spend much time managing it or I won't end up using it.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go-Pro has been the standard for portable video cameras. They are more expensive than the cheap Chinese brands but they have been proven by many people using them on helmets, race cars, etc. Personally I think that mounted on the windshield of an RV is going to give it a pretty rough ride. My Go-Pro has held up now for 40,000 miles on the "smooth as glass" American roads. I think you can now find them for about $100 and up.

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a Garmin Dezl Cam last summer before a trip to Glacier Nat. park and really was impressed with it. Pricey yea, but had I had it a couple years ago it would have precluded litigation in a law suit. My old indash gps had crapped out and needed a new one anyway. Fabricated a mount at peak of the dash where it can be reached from my seat. Pro,s are size, magnetic mount (get it near the mount and it sucks it in) voice command, accelerometor saving footage in case of an accident and telling you what lane to be in. Con's, short battery life. Liked it so much when my old gps died for my car bought a Nuvicam for it. Just piece of mind IMHO. Hope this helps, any questions PM me.
Blessings; Keith
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using this cheap one. I'm going to get something better.Here
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU