cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Discount percentage

priestlake
Explorer
Explorer
We are conferring a 2005 winnebago journey 39f for about 99,900. I think 20 percent is a good discount for a dealer deal. What discount is workable?
6 REPLIES 6

thgoodman
Explorer
Explorer
You may be able to get some idea of prices by checking the PPL Motorhomes web site. They publish the prices that motor homes actually sold for from their consignment lot. These the actual prices a willing buyer and a willing seller could agree on. They are not arbitrary discounts from arbitrary retail prices. For instance, in NOV of 2011 they sold a 36' 2005 Winnebago Journey 300hp Cummins w/2 Slides for $72,000.00

Hope you find this helpful as they list sales over a range of years with a good sampling of model years and models.
Tom & Jan
Full timers since April '06 - 1 fur kid (Archie - mini Poodle.)
2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder towing 2012 Subaru (4 down)
Started workamping Sept '07 - "This isn't too bad. Think we'll do it some more."

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
You probably con't find two different dealers who sell the same RV for the same price. Trying to get the lower priced dealer to discount as much as the higher is not very likely to be successful. MOST discount from their OWN selling price not some common price so how much you save is not NEARLY as import as what price you pay for the same RV.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I thought these "discounts" applied to MSRP, not on a used unit which can be priced as stated previously.
bumpy

JALLEN4
Explorer
Explorer
There is no set discount on used vehicles. The dealer can ask 50% more than it is worth or may well ask a reasonable price that he does not plan to negotiate on. You are trying to buy a motor home, not a discount.

It is simple enough to look up the NADA value on-line and then search for similar for sale units across the country. What they can actually be purchased for is the true value...certainly not some dreamed up discount percentage.

hawkman541
Explorer
Explorer
Even dealers have a price of what they would want for their rig. Its the same concept as if you were selling the unit. What would you accept for the rig if you were selling. Do your research across the country and see what that particular unit is selling for, with the same options as close as possible. I just purchased my rig 3 months ago, and I had to do just that. Everybody has their price, and the dealer had his price. I presented him a price and we finally came to a meeting of the mind. 20 to 30% is a start depending on condition. Good luck
2002 Ford F-450 Crew Cab
2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio
Frank-10lb. Chihuahua

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ask the dealer, it's his money....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute