cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you like your jacknife sofa?

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am thinking of putting a Belmont jacknife sofa from shop4seats in my coach. The kids refuse to sleep on the air mattress on my fold-out sofa. I would like to hear from someone who has one on whether you would recommend it.
38 REPLIES 38

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We have a Flex-Steel jackknife that isn't to bad to sit on as long as your in one of the thirds of it. Otherwise it has two metal bars that run front to back and it's hideously uncomfortable to lay on.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Ours was very uncomfortable...hated it.
We let the mother-in-law have it....:E
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
I am thinking of putting a Belmont jacknife sofa from shop4seats in my coach. The kids refuse to sleep on the air mattress on my fold-out sofa. I would like to hear from someone who has one on whether you would recommend it.

It appears that the sofa might not be the problem, nor the kids. :B

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I gave away our Flexsteel jacknife couch because it was so uncomfortable I could not bring myself to sell it.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We he one in our last TT and it wasn't one of my favorite places to sleep.
Kids, it seems, can sleep anywhere.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I always claim the jack knife sofa as my bed. Most comfortable bed in the entire trailer folded out or not. I still cringe a bit when one of the kids walks on the un supported ouut side edge though it has never bent.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

boba
Explorer
Explorer
we also had the jackknife from flexsteel and never a complaint. we had children and adults sleep on ours.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
a jack knife sofa is about the worst sleeping surface out there. look at magic sofa beds at bradd and hall. your fold out sofa with an air mattress is better than any jack knife sofa.
bumpy

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is comfortable, but too short for me at 6' 2". I believe it's made by Flexsteel like the front seats and recliners.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.