cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you travel on the 4TH July weekend

booty51
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering how many people travel on the 4th of July. I used to go to my favorite lake every fourth. But have gotten older do not water ski any more. Kids are grown and moved out.And quit frankly I don't like fighting crowds on the roadways and waterways on holiday weekends any more. We are staying close to home and will watch fireworks on Galveston Bay.
Happy fourth of July .
35 REPLIES 35

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We used to when our kids were younger. But not anymore. I stay home and look forward to reading all the great stories on here about all the fun times that our members had this weekend. :B

leadknee
Explorer
Explorer
No never own a houseboat and it sets at the dock empty on holiday weekends same goes for rv
Steve an Barb
2015 Itasca Solei 340hp cummins
2012 ford fiesta tow

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
booty51 wrote:
I was wondering how many people travel on the 4th of July. I used to go to my favorite lake every fourth. But have gotten older do not water ski any more. Kids are grown and moved out.And quit frankly I don't like fighting crowds on the roadways and waterways on holiday weekends any more. We are staying close to home and will watch fireworks on Galveston Bay.
Happy fourth of July .

never!
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
No, I work. In my business, I have not had a Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day off in 31 years. Hopefully that all changes when I retire next spring.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
We were retired when we got our second RV, which we sold on after 4 years. On holiday weekends, our trick was to leave home after lunch on the last day which got us to the CGs as all those still working and with kids in school were just pulling out to go home (not July 4th obviously).

We got a very good choice of park spaces and it was usually quiet.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, we are. Both the wife and I work long hours so we try and take advantage of the long weekends. I know a lot of people don't like traveling during holidays but for working folks we take advantage of the time off.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)