cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic fridge Check light

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Campers. We're having issues with the Check Light on our Dometic NDR 1292. I replaced the thermal couple but no joy. It does it (check light) intermittently and may run ok for a few hours/days, and then the check light comes on. It seems to do better while stationary, but not all the time. The voltage measured at the thermocouple with a nice blue flame is 24.8-25.3 (per spec). Once while troubleshooting, I notice it wasn't getting propane. Tapping on the propane on/off solenoid produced brief flame outs, so I suspect a problem with the valve itself. The propane on/off valve appears to be inside the propane plumping adjacent to the nozzle. I'm getting 12 volts to the solenoid "magnet", but I'm not sure the on/off valve is moving freely. Has Anyone ever disassembled this valve? Or does anyone have any other ideas? TIA

Larry
Larry, Debbie & Max the Pug
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual transmission
2 REPLIES 2

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Ours would not stay running while driving. I pulled out the burner tube and cleaned all rust flakes out of it, can't believe how much was in it. The stack the heat goes up will drop a lot of rust. Give it a few smacks to knock any loose rust out of it too. So after I cleaned ours we drove from MI to FL and back and it didn't go out once.

Dutchstar02
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar issue with my Dometic. In the area where the flame burns there is the igniter as well as the thermocouple. Initially looking at it I thought they were one in the same because that's the way the water heater works. Turns out the thermocouple had some crud on it that easily broke off with a flat head screwdriver. The fridge would work on propane for a while but because the crud was insulating the thermocouple it eventually shut off the propane because it wasn't detecting enough heat. The thermocouple is in behind the igniter.
Bill
02 Dutch Star DP 3852
Toad: 03 Explorer