cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door locks residential fridge

mygsds
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas how to lock doors and freezer drawer on res. Fridge in RV.
We just bought a new Fleetwood and if we go around some curves the doors and drawer open. Drawer closes on its own. Bungied the doors so it's ok but would like to lock the freezer.
Pat
Pat and Ron and 1 wild agility GSD
2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
5 REPLIES 5

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Link to other fridge door post
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Not pretty, but the strap in this photo works for me:

KID2TEXAS
Explorer
Explorer
My Columbus came with straps that go through the handles and then one down across the freezer door. Just un-clip them when we get to our site.
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Amarillo Special Edition 4 X 4 & 6.0 PSD,
2015 Columbus 320 RS
Me, a Wife and two crazy kids that are to cool to go anymore :B
Golf cart that matches the Amarillo truck.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
See the similar post about securing the doors.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry! Guess this won't work for residential. But I'll leave it for any with the propane version.

We had the same problem. Supposedly, the locks are supposed to be activated when the engine is turned on. Ours has never done that. Our freezer has never opened, but our fridge has - we have the dents to prove it. To solve the problem without a lot of work - in the door are little white plastic things with a fringe-type end. This is used to keep things from bouncing around, I guess. We put one wedged between the door handles when we move (Fringe side in). This moves the little latches (you can see them between the fridge doors and freezer doors) into a position where the doors are 'locked.' We have been doing this for 9 months (11K miles) and have never had the fridge door open while in transit. We forgot to do it once and, of course, the door opened.

I had read of other people having the same problem with no resolution from Dometic and, since we full-time, decided to 'fix' the problem myself.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road