cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E series engine doghouse

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a 2004 class C. The chassis is also a 2004 Ford E450. It has the old style doghouse with the lower tilt out storage compartment instead of the contoured cut-out that makes it easier to pass ones feet through that area to access the passenger seat. I was hoping someone here knows if the doghouse from a later model with the cutout will fit up and seal in the 2004 chassis?
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity
20 REPLIES 20

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like i heard once that there were 3 different doghouse covers that were used.

Dusty

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
navegator wrote:
The dog house is one piece and the cup holder and storage is a separate unit, what I have done is to lift the seats by 3 inches with a square channel and install the passenger seat 4 inches to the rear this allows the passenger more room and easy access, I also installed a hand hold on the dash board for the wife to move to the back and get snacks or go tinkle.

The engine and transmission are off set to the right from center so there is less room on the passengers side to move, moving the seat back gave us the added room to pass and a higher and more comfortable seat rather than sitting inches from the floor, if you do the lifting make sure that the bolts and nuts are grade 8 and made in the USA, Chinese stuff does not meet standards for this application, make sure that the square channel is also thick and sturdy.

navegator

Thanks navigator. I will see if I can find a bottom section with the cutout. I was hoping we could maintain the trim around the cupholders and such because it is a matching woodgrain with the dash. The fact that that top is transferable is great news.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The dog house is one piece and the cup holder and storage is a separate unit, what I have done is to lift the seats by 3 inches with a square channel and install the passenger seat 4 inches to the rear this allows the passenger more room and easy access, I also installed a hand hold on the dash board for the wife to move to the back and get snacks or go tinkle.

The engine and transmission are off set to the right from center so there is less room on the passengers side to move, moving the seat back gave us the added room to pass and a higher and more comfortable seat rather than sitting inches from the floor, if you do the lifting make sure that the bolts and nuts are grade 8 and made in the USA, Chinese stuff does not meet standards for this application, make sure that the square channel is also thick and sturdy.

navegator

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys....so the way I understand it, it is a two piece affair?
John & Gloria
South West, Florida

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
x2, If I remember right there is a spring clip on the bottom of the 'cupholder portion' I'm not sure if the actual doghouse portion was changed with the redesign in 2008? I would like ( but not a high priority) the slimmer style as well, so periodically check around.

Edit: Just checked, its one spring clip under the middle of the add on portion.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
In the older dog house style the center console detaches by pulling up, it attaches at 3 points and can be exchanged for a different one, ours had the small unit and I purchased the bigger unit, the dog house it self is standard, just the storage unit is different.

navegator