cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eastern states with no sales tax on tires.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
The tires on my DP are about 4 years old and will need to be replaced in the next year or two. It's sitting in the NW right now and I could replace them now as we don't pay sales tax in WA or OR, but that seems to be a waste of tire money.

We're about to head towards the east coast for probably a 2 to 3 year swing. We'll park the MH at various places and fly home for a couple months at a time (and to go moose hunting). While we're on that trip are there any eastern states where I should look at buying new tires that don't charge sales tax on them?

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
13 REPLIES 13

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
wolfe10 wrote:
blackeyed1 wrote:
On your way east, stop in South Bend, Indiana to the Tirerack.com facility and have new tires put on there. Very reasonable tire prices and then you won't havta worry about sales tax. Just check first to see if they would have the tires you need. Mine were pickup truck tires tho'.
I did that two years ago heading to MI from IL. Huge tire warehouse and have at least a dozen lifts. In my case, $550 for 4 truck tires compared to $850 from local tire shops. Can't hurt to ask.

I did not see any DP size tires listed there/no 22.5 tires.

I contacted the Tire Rack and they don't offer 22.5" tires for MHs.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trackrig wrote:
The tires on my DP are about 4 years old and will need to be replaced in the next year or two. It's sitting in the NW right now and I could replace them now as we don't pay sales tax in WA or OR, but that seems to be a waste of tire money.

We're about to head towards the east coast for probably a 2 to 3 year swing. We'll park the MH at various places and fly home for a couple months at a time (and to go moose hunting). While we're on that trip are there any eastern states where I should look at buying new tires that don't charge sales tax on them?

Bill

Unless you have some specific issue with your tires, you have 2-3 years before they need replacement. Maybe you will already be back in the NW by then. If you are looking to save money, you will save a lot more by not replacing them before they need replacing.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Wrong_Lane
Explorer
Explorer
Don't fly home to go moose hunting if you are in the NE. Northern Maine and Northern New Hampshire have some of the best moose hunting available. Heck, in some places you have to pay someone to go in front of your vehicle and shoot the moose off the road in order to get to the beer store!!!

Oh yeah, no sales tax in NH.
2006 Damon Challenger 348F Ford V10
2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Blue Ox Aventa & Brake Buddy

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Stratham Tire has several locations around NH, which is a no sales tax state.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call Chicago tire and ask for a price on what you want.
708-331-8980
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
blackeyed1 wrote:
On your way east, stop in South Bend, Indiana to the Tirerack.com facility and have new tires put on there. Very reasonable tire prices and then you won't havta worry about sales tax. Just check first to see if they would have the tires you need. Mine were pickup truck tires tho'.
I did that two years ago heading to MI from IL. Huge tire warehouse and have at least a dozen lifts. In my case, $550 for 4 truck tires compared to $850 from local tire shops. Can't hurt to ask.

I did not see any DP size tires listed there/no 22.5 tires.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

blackeyed1
Explorer
Explorer

path1
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the info, it gives me some choices. And, Washington doesn't charge Alaskan residents any sales tax which is why I wouldn't have to pay sales tax there either.

Bill

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
no sales tax .. New Hampshire, Delaware , Oregon , Montana , Alaska

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google results; your subject line
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you buy them on the internet (except for Amazon) there will be no state tax no matter what state. Some online tire dealers have local installers that they will ship the tires to directly. You know ahead of time how much the installer will charge for the installation and the tires should be void of all state taxes except if you are in Ohio or Indiana as that is where a few online tire dealers are located
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
No sales tax in Delaware.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW