cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Engine noise

bplotnick1234
Explorer
Explorer
What are people using to help quiet down the engine noise on the front engine gas motorhomes? Do any under coating help? It is so loud at times while driving I can not hear myself think. Any ideas are appreciated.
21 REPLIES 21

bplotnick1234
Explorer
Explorer
I just re-carpeted the engine cover as well as the whole motorhome. I used high density foam padding on the engine cover, not the******that comes from the factory, but it is still quite loud. I do not believe that my engine cover has a sound deadening blanket inside of it. I may look into that and if I have to I can glue it to the cover. I always hear about sound deadening or sound proofing spray on liners. Anyone have any luck with any of these? I like turning down the hearing aids. I probably will be needing them soon ๐Ÿ™‚

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is fairly quiet from the factory, but it is insulated and carpeted. To me it is quiet, I do hear the cooling fan come on sometimes though. In my case if it was too loud I guess that I could turn the hearing aids down then it would be quiet. JMT
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Prior owner installed the foil heat/sound blankets. Works well keeping both down. Noise is no worse than my daily driver and little if any heat.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Most go and buy a rear engined DP.....:B
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
You might pull your doghouse and make sure the blanket is still in place underneath. While there check for clearance between sides and or existing sound deadener and engine. You do not want to restrict airflow around the engine while solving your issue. There are several products out there the stereo fans use to control sound on your coach basically you would need to lift the carpet in the front and on the doghouse to install it underneath. Other choice if you can find it is stuff that can be installed outside under the motorhome, again provided you have clearance.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

bplotnick1234
Explorer
Explorer
What about heat shield blankets and noise dampening undercoating? Does any of it work?

jauguston
Explorer
Explorer
Your concerns are inherent in most all front engine class A motorhomes. Much has been tried with limited improvement. Undercoating would not be a useful product. Sound deading material used for boat engine room sound control would probably be the best stuff to try.
2005 Coachman Sportscoach Elite 402 40'
350hp Cat C-7 w/MP-8
7500w Onan quiet diesel generator
6-Kyocera 130w solar panels SB3024i MPPT controller
Pressure Pro TPMS
1987 Suzuki Samurai tintop Toad w/VW 1.6 turbo diesel power