cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Era forum? Reading Lamps will not turn on.

newBera
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an Era forum anywhere? I am a newbie and I would like to gain greater insight into the Era's functions.
My Era's rear reading lamps (one on each side) have both stopped working (I guess simultaneously). Sounds like a fuse problem to me; or rodent problem. I went to the Winnebago wiring diagram and I don't see any wires routed to these lamps (which are designated as READ-5 on the wiring diagram). Well, I detached it from the wall and it does have wires (12v) running to it. I can't see how to remove the lamp bulb. The vehicle's manuals discuss everything except these lamps. My dealer is over a thousand miles away so I am reluctant to visit them. It sure would have been nice to have found on the wiring diagram where they are fused. I'm frustrated (read, pissed). I hope I can screw the light back to the wall.
And with there only being 2 Era's you would think they could have separate manuals for each model. And downloadable to an iPad too. grrr
2 REPLIES 2

Patty1819
Explorer
Explorer
Hi newBera, go to www.sprinter-source.com, to the forum under the Class B,Winnebago links. You will find lots of folks who have Eras to ask your questions. Good Luck.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I won't say for sure, but often there is a second switch for some lamps. I can turn on my reading lights either where they are, but if I forget to shut them off I have a more convenient switch. The trick is, remembering to turn that switch back on before getting comfortable.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel