cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

extended warranty

boba
Explorer
Explorer
what is a fair price for a extended warranty on a new diesel pusher---ballpark is good---thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
To the OP:

Are you asking about a service contract for a NEW unit, OR a NEW to YOU USED unit..?:h:h

New unit will not need an extended warranty AKA service contract as most if not all, the stuff will be under a mfg warranty of some kind.

Used unit will depend on the age of the unit. Figure about $100/month. IMHO, they are worth it but be sure to read the fine print. With the brand, age and model of the coach you're looking for, give Wholesale Warranties, Jeff Shelton, a call...1-800-929-2806, he'll give you a fair price on a good warranty with no BS tailored to YOUR particular needs....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

et2
Explorer
Explorer
The one thing the seller or dealer won't tell you is all the existing warranties. The engine if Cummins is 5 years or 100,000 miles. The Allison trans has at least a couple year warranty. The chassis builder has a warranty, Freightliner is two years. Then the body builder has one usually ours was 1 year ( Fleetwood) . There is a two year on structural with Fleetwood.

So many large items like the engine are covered and the trans for a shorter period and many of the chassis items are covered for a period of time. The extended warranty people know this and you will be required to get repairs under the original warranty before they pay a dime.

It will cover other items like plumbing, electrical, hydraulic, appliances, tires sometimes, slide out motors, jacks, seals, gaskets,sewer tanks, water tanks, water heater, all the other stuff that the builder manufactures or installs.

So it's a******shoot if you'll get your money back. Most don't. I didn't want one, but my wife insisted we get it on our new MH. I think it will be wasted as the engine warranty is valid until mine expires. A generator repair could get costly or slide problems. If after 2 years we get trans problems then it could get costly too, but the Allison trans is bullet proof from what I've heard. And from what I've been hearing the extended warranty people have a set price they pay for repairs, not all dealers will accept it.

okgc
Explorer
Explorer
boba wrote:
what is a fair price for a extended warranty on a new diesel pusher---ballpark is good---thanks

Since much of the chassis of NEW DP is under WARRANTY for FIVE years make sure you are not paying extra for something that you already have.
2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know but it has to be really high so that the company providing it will stay in business. Better to just take the premium and put it in a savings and pay yourself.
Jayco-noslide

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
DO,IT ,tom,s way ,that way your not out any money, if they say no? walk,they,ll call you back.

boba
Explorer
Explorer
thanks i had one on my last motorhome and it paid for itself in 2 years. i am retiring next year and would like the peace of mind that the extended warranty gives me. without the warranty this year i have already hit the $3000 repair on a generator issue.

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
After you've arrived at what you consider a fair price for the new motorhome tell the dealer that you'll only do the deal if they throw in the extended warranty for FREE.

Extended warranties cost the dealer very little.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
You will get tons of replies. Many of which may question the need for extended warranties on a new rig. Remember the business of extended warranties is betting they can take your money before they need to pay you. As far as your orig. ?, it depends alot on manufacturer, drive train, etc. I paid approx. $3,500 for five years on a useded Winnie Journey w/ Cat 350. After 5 yrs. I broke even what I paid minus deductable, After it is all said and done I doubt I would buy another one.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107