cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fleetwood discovery

STEVEP220
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering the purchase of a new 2015 Fleetwood Discovery DP. I would like to know what you think about the Fleetwood Discovery i.e. quality,warranty, construction etc. Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
4BobbyBoy wrote:
We have had a 2015 Discovery 40G since last November. Spent first three months at dealer trying to get simple door railing fixed. This was dealer issue. However when finally got RV home, windshield leaked first rain. Then main slide leaked with water running across floor. Short story is windshield repaired, then windshield replaced, first major trip the gasket came off from both sides. Slide now has major leak with water pouring across floor. Slide wall coming unstapled and all wood screw covers popped off through out unit. Driver side view mirror arm came loose. Found 1 screw totally stripped at factory, 2nd screw head almost stripped. Then side view mirror almost came off arm. Duck tape very handy repair tool this trip for holding side view mirror on and windshield gasket in place. After 10 months of owning new 2015 Discovery, actually had possession 4 months with 6 weeks of that waiting for repairs. Engine has been fantastic but the construction on the rest has been a nightmare. Dealer refuses return of unit. So stuck with leaky, falling apart RV.
Very disappointed.

Wow, what a story. Notice, though, that this is this user's FIRST and only post on here. Hmmmm, makes one wonder....

I actually really, really like the Discovery models, in particular the 40G floorplan noted here. 'Tis about the ONLY diesel pusher floorplan I've found that I actually like, and might could convince me one day to move up to a diesel pusher. That is, if I ever win the lottery or inherit a bunch of $$ so that I could afford such a rig, haha. 🙂
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

4BobbyBoy
Explorer
Explorer
We have had a 2015 Discovery 40G since last November. Spent first three months at dealer trying to get simple door railing fixed. This was dealer issue. However when finally got RV home, windshield leaked first rain. Then main slide leaked with water running across floor. Short story is windshield repaired, then windshield replaced, first major trip the gasket came off from both sides. Slide now has major leak with water pouring across floor. Slide wall coming unstapled and all wood screw covers popped off through out unit. Driver side view mirror arm came loose. Found 1 screw totally stripped at factory, 2nd screw head almost stripped. Then side view mirror almost came off arm. Duck tape very handy repair tool this trip for holding side view mirror on and windshield gasket in place. After 10 months of owning new 2015 Discovery, actually had possession 4 months with 6 weeks of that waiting for repairs. Engine has been fantastic but the construction on the rest has been a nightmare. Dealer refuses return of unit. So stuck with leaky, falling apart RV.
Very disappointed.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Expedition. The Discovery when we looked at it was nice. We just couldn't justify the difference in price comparing the two, other than the bigger engine. If I were to do it again today I'd probably look at the Revolution.

Of course we all have a target we are willing to spend. So far our Expedition has been a good coach. Not too many issues, nothing major. 5 year 100,000 on the engine, two years on the Onan generator, two years on Frieghtliner issues, Fleetwood one year except structural issues are two. 5 years on transmission I believe.

It's not the top of the line so it isn't complete wood cabinetry. I think the Discovery is the same.