cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flooded rv

andybren
Explorer
Explorer
While parked in a storage facility, my motorhome got flooded during a storm. The water rose to about 3.5 feet, flooding everything housed in the basement ( inverter, converter, generator). Fortunately, no water actually came inside my rv. I had the rig towed and fixed at a great diesel shop, and now it has been sitting for 6 weeks in my dealers yard. They are telling me they are compiling a list of parts needed to be replaced. To date, nothing has been replaced, in fact, no estimate has been submitted to my insurance company. I am looking for a dealer in Delaware to take my rv to where it can get the proper attention. Any recommendations of a reputable dealer in Delaware will be greatly appreciated.
20 REPLIES 20

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
to late its got mold go to your insurer and have it totaled.
I

I'm sorry but you do not have enough information to make that statement. You do not know if the water was extracted from surfaces that would soak in the compartments or those pieces removed. If electronics need to be replaced that got wet that is possible. Apparently the engine now works. This past year many motorhomes have experienced floods of this sort and all were not totaled. Good luck finding a good dealer you can trust. I suggest absent that you start negotiating with insurance carrier. You may take the position it is totaled and go from there.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
First thing you should have dome is call your insurance company and let them handle it. Most likely it will be a total loss and the money you spent will be wasted. Even if they do repair it, the coach will never be the same. The electrical components and all associated wiring, if they weren't replaced will give you problems down the road.

alid
Explorer
Explorer
you didn't say where in NJ South vs North you are. I had some Class a work done on my unit at Bellmawr Collision Center link to webpage

They worked well with my insurance company and did a fine job. Their only drawback is that they are very busy.. But with the type of damage you have.. you will need to get an estimate and have your insurance co. look before you go to far. Water damage is bad and like someone else said mold is a concern. plus electrical system damage that can be hidden.
2009 Winnebago Adventure 32h
2006 Terry Quantum 330FKDS (beach getaway)
2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500
2007 Honda Reflex
2 house rabbits "George and MiMi"

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unless it is a very new, high dollar coach, I doubt if it would make financial sense to repair your rig. I suspect that it will be totaled but you need to start pressuring your insurance company to do something. They are obviously not in a hurry to hand you a big check so they could care less how long the dealer is taking to look at things. You need to pressure the insurance company and it is your insurance company's responsibility to pressure the dealer to bring this to a settlement.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most vehicles with that much water damage is a total loss. Why didn't the insurance company total it?
Welcome to the forums and it would help if we knew what MH.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
to late its got mold go to your insurer and have it totaled.