cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fogged window glasses in MH...

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
I took our '05 Itasca to Suncoast Designers in Hudson, Fl. today to have eight windows repaired due to fogging. There were several other MH's there (different makes) having the same work done. Question: Is this problem due to double pane windows not being designed to bounce down roads thereby causing seals to break or has the company that provides them to MH manufacturers simply supplied inferior glass units? Any thoughts?
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
8 REPLIES 8

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
I had the window in the door taken care of by RV Fog Dr in Searcy, Arkansas. They did an outstanding job. Plus they have full hookups at no charge.
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
Are the newer mh widows made any different to prevent fogging from happening?

vwsportbug
Explorer
Explorer
ed6713 wrote:
We have had Hehr windows in out rig since 2000. Never a problem. They make a high quality product. Expensive, but quality.

Hehr windows

Hehr Windows have their problems too! First 2 of mine that went foggy were replaced free of charge at the 6 year mark (I just had to pay for installation at a local installer). I now have 2 more Hehr windows that have gone bad in my Carriage 5th wheel. Will be stopping in at Suncoast Designers in October on my way south this year.

Hehr won't replace these latest ones under warranty and the replacement cost is $460/window. I think Hehr may have had a problem with their windows in the 2005/2006 timeframe - seen lots of people complaining about them in RVs of that vintage.
VeeDub
2006 Carriage Cameo LXI F35FD3
2006 Ford F350 Dually

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
From OP: Picked up the MH Tuesday and work done appears very good. Had eight windows repaired. Time will tell but the company seems to have a good warranty...100% covered first year and pro-rated for next nine years.
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
We have had Hehr windows in out rig since 2000. Never a problem. They make a high quality product. Expensive, but quality.

Hehr windows
🙂

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I had several windows done at Suncoast. They were great, even give you a tour of the plant. Free hook-ups Gazboo, grills, picnic tables. My friends took longer to do, they allowed me to stay there for free until his was ready. I highly recommend them. Plan on being up early, they come to the parking lot around 7:30 with tools and ladders. They close up the window with cardboard until they are ready to reinstall.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

seatboard
Explorer
Explorer
We have the same problem with our 2006 Revolution. It did not show up until the warranty expired. Asked CW about it and was told that the warranty had expired and they could not help me. They did give me a number to call which I did and was told the same thing. I have put up with it for over five years now but it needs attention. I had an appointment with Sun Coast for day after tomorrow but DW has Eye surgery scheduled for that day so had to cancel the appointment. After she gets better, I plan to get another appoint to get them repaired.
Harold and Faye US Navy Retired
2006 Fleetwood Revolution 40LE
400 cat

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
One of the manufacturers, SIGI, was well known for this problem. They used some type of rubber seal that was known to creep and cause the window to fog. I'm sure that bouncing down the road doesn't help but I also know that this situation occasionally happens on residential windows, in non-earthquake areas of the country. Suncoast does offer a lifetime warranty on their work.