cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford Sway Bar Brackets and bolts Recall / TBS

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
There have been some post about some 2009-2011 F 53 Fords having the bolts that hold down the sway bar break or get lose and have a noise in the rear and find the bolts or brackets or both lose or broken. I am having mine done this Monday Seven Days left of my 3/36 to expire.There is a TBS of 12-6-1 that if you call your local Ford Dealer and have him look it up there will be a kit with stronger bolts and better bushings to fix this problem. If I had a Ford I would check it out and see if there is any play or sines of broken bolts or broken brackets. The Ford Rep said I would get this done before my 3/36 ended. If you have one I would get it checked out and I hope this helps some other owners.
5 REPLIES 5

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
For older MHs like mine, the bushings are ONLY available on-line, Ford doesn't carry them in stock at all. Seems like the bushings are only good for a couple of years.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

C-Leigh_Racing
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, so Fords just getting around to issuing a sway bar bracket recall for 2009 to 2011 F53 units. What about all those from 2004 up to 2009, with the cheap flemzy thin u bracket, to hold the rubber bushings & sway bar in place that are broken. Some in the early years, where broken even as they left the dealers sales lot.

Ford needs to do something, about that "better Idea light bulb deal" they youst to put up in the adds.
Neil

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Got it back today and no charge . They put on new brackets and bushings and replaced all the bolts with new harden bolts. I am a happy camper now.

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a know problem they should fix it . There are people on this form that have paid for the new parts and ordered them from Ford. They should step up and cover the cost 3/36 or not.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
A manufacturers coverage of a "Recall" doesn't expire with the warranty but a "TSB" does.