cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge on propane

noleakman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Norcold 1200 When you are on propane and the fridge gets cold enough will the burner you can hear go out and when it needs to be colder it comes back on!Some times I can hear mine some time not! The fridge runs about 33 degrees!
9 REPLIES 9

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Executive wrote:
The thermister, that's that small thingy attached to the third or fourth fin inside the fridge at the back, controls the on/off of the fridge. It's simply a thermostat. It's normal for the fridge to come on and go off depending on the temp inside the box. If it runs all the time then the thermister has most likely failed....Dennis

YEP.......

Thermister is the sensing bulb for thermostat. It senses fin temp which is 10*F colder than food section.

Thermostat turns propane & electric element ON/OFF as needed to maintain temp set point.

Bad thermister OR one that has fallen down will cause continuous operation.......frozen stuff in food section of fridge
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
The thermister, that's that small thingy attached to the third or fourth fin inside the fridge at the back, controls the on/off of the fridge. It's simply a thermostat. It's normal for the fridge to come on and go off depending on the temp inside the box. If it runs all the time then the thermister has most likely failed....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
noleakman wrote:
I have a Norcold 1200 When you are on propane and the fridge gets cold enough will the burner you can hear go out and when it needs to be colder it comes back on!Some times I can hear mine some time not! The fridge runs about 33 degrees!
Sounds perfectly normal to me.
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

eheading
Explorer
Explorer
I have had three or four 1200 Norcold refrigerators over the years in various motorhomes. I could hear the flame when it was on in all of them. It may be a small flame, but you can hear it plainly inside the motorhome at the refrigerator if you concentrate and listen for it.

Ed Headington

noleakman
Explorer
Explorer
I hear it outside coming from the vent!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well if you hear it ...

That is a very small burner,, IT should not be loud enough to hear.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
The burner will turn off when the fridge is at temp then come on again on temp rise. If it was on all the time it will get too cold.

noleakman
Explorer
Explorer
It seemed like the burner ran all the time in the past!

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
So what's the problem?