cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

front air bag spartain chassis

woodroe
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I have a 2002 Damon escaper 3975 on a spartain chassis. after sitting unused for about a week the front air bags leek off and the front sags. Where should I start?
4 REPLIES 4

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
Make a solution of Dawn and water in spray bottle or better yet a garden sprayer. Hose down the air system feeding the bags and the bags themselves. Look for bubbles. Please crib or support the coach before getting under there.

If the leak is not then obvious and you suspect the valving that feeds the air bags, then you can make a quick and dirty isolation test device.
Essentially, temporarily disconnect one of the feed lines to an air bag and plumb in a device that consists of airfitting to match, pressure gauge, quarter turn isolation valve, pressure gauge, air fitting to match. Air up the coach, and then close the valve. Watch the gauges over a couple of days. That will tell you if the leak is in the air bags or the system that feeds the airbags.

If the isolation device isn't obvious, PM me, and I'll send you a sketch.

You can use the isolation device in other parts of the air system until you narrow down the leak area. The idea, just like electrical troubleshooting, is that you want to keep cutting the problem in half until you find it.

Is this some work? Yes. but you asked how do you find the leak.

You can spend a lot of money guessing what is leaking and throwing parts at it.
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
My 98 rides on a Spartan Mountain Master Chassis.

Air bags will deflate over time.

It is normal IMHO but you can always call Spartan to make sure.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

jtfcons
Explorer
Explorer
hipower wrote:
You could look for any leaks fora long time and never really cure this. My Dutch Star leaks down in the front in about a week and the rear will stay up about three weeks. I rarely park it that long without putting the jacks down so I don't consider it a problem. You may feel differently.

Same here.
John & Sharon, 2 Daughters, 2 Sons-in-law, 5 GK, 1GGK
Rat Terriers (Twiggy, Annie)
1997 HR Imp., 38CDS, 1 Slide
325 Cummins C8.3Mech., MD3060, EBw/Coast.Sw.,
Toad-2003 GMC Envoy 4X4, Excallibar TB, Pressure Pro TPMS, Henderson Mot. Ctrl. Units

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
You could look for any leaks fora long time and never really cure this. My Dutch Star leaks down in the front in about a week and the rear will stay up about three weeks. I rarely park it that long without putting the jacks down so I don't consider it a problem. You may feel differently.