cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

furnace

Todd757
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Fleetwood Discovery. Last used our furnace in April. Worked just fine. Turned it on this past weekend, nothing happened. No fan, no heat. Checked breakers and fuses. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks. Todd.
13 REPLIES 13

hottubkid
Explorer
Explorer
Rest fuse on furnace. It's a push button type fuse
hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Last one I fixed did what OB said fan came on no fire installed new circuit board and all was well
agree with OB on resettable 12V circuit breaker I never thought about it have a reset breaker on the furnace itself ?? maybe good to take a check on that

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
T-stat....
Select HEAT
When you move temp set point UP (higher then room temp to HEAT room up) do you hear a 'click' at the t-stat?

If yes......
Then furnace fan should come on and blow cold air for 30-90 seconds (purge cycle)then propane ignitor should fire (Click, Click, Click at furnace) and burner light off

No click at t-stat...
Feeder DC Fuse bad. It would be in the DC Dist Panel...individual fuse 7.5A minimum or a 15A fuse (test it don't just look at it)

Click at t-stat but no furnace fan
Then the On/Off Circuit Breaker on furnace frame may need reset (open furnace access panel and push button in to reset)

OR time delay relay is bad (either a stand alone component or incorporated on to circuit board ---blower power)

DC comes from feeder fuse to timed delay relay/blower power on circuit board and to t-stat.
DC power to fan goes thru relay/blower power WHEN triggered by DC from t-stat

For specifics post Brand/Model of furnace
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Todd757 wrote:
You mean from the panels outside? Or something on the inside?

where the furnace is? If the vent is outside yes stick your ear there have your ole lady turn the stat off/on a couple time and make sure temp is set higher than current air temperature
iam just trying to make sure the stat is sending a signal your heater motor may have quit but the stat will still send a signal and there should be a click
if not pull the cover and see if the circuit board is powered up when the stat is activated using a 12V tester

Todd757
Explorer
Explorer
You mean from the panels outside? Or something on the inside?

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Todd757 wrote:
Yes I have propane. When I turn the thermostat from heat to off, or cool to off I hear a click from the thermostat

BUT?? as asked do u hear one at the furnace????

Todd757
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I have propane. When I turn the thermostat from heat to off, or cool to off I hear a click from the thermostat

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
you have to flip the switch on that thingy behind the door says on off and it will work presuming its a attwood heater

why or how would that be turned off?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
you have to flip the switch on that thingy behind the door says on off and it will work presuming its a attwood heater

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Todd757 wrote:
The thermostat works with AC, and electric heat. I'm assuming it's working correctly.

your sure you have 12V at the furnace? when you turn the stat on or set temp "higher" than current room temp do u hear any clicks at the furnace? that should tell u if stat is sending signal or not

Todd757
Explorer
Explorer
The thermostat works with AC, and electric heat. I'm assuming it's working correctly.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Propane and its on?

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Todd757 wrote:
2008 Fleetwood Discovery. Last used our furnace in April. Worked just fine. Turned it on this past weekend, nothing happened. No fan, no heat. Checked breakers and fuses. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks. Todd.

I assume you have a good 12V power supply and the thermosat is working?