cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Georgetown 329S

T_bone1
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2017 Georgetown 329S..So far we are very pleased only some minor things..Like, the rear camera was mounted upside down,made things on the right appear on the left..Very disconcerting!!We tried a coachmen Concord for a while but it was just too small.I am looking in to options to take the sway out of it.. It came with Bilsteins so that is a plus. Also the water heater electric switch is out on the heater. I plan to remedy that by installing a switch inside..Any and all help and suggestions are appreciated..
2017 Georgetown 329S
2015 Toyota Tacoma toad
7 REPLIES 7

msalyer
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2017 Georgetown 351. So far so good. The camera was reversed left to right as well. After some research on the internet and downloading the camera manual from the Forest River sight I changed it.
You pull the panel that holds the heater control, radio and camera monitor out of the dash. It's about six screws and then it comes right out. After you get it out there is an interface box, silver in color with wires and plugs coming out of it forward on the firewall. there is a small switch on top of the box marked normal/mirror. It will be on normal. switch it to mirror and reinstall the panel.
The camera manual is a little hard to find. Here is the link.
http://idn.tweddle.com/media/bundle-assets/RVS-3CAM5077_MANUAL_V3.pdf

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
On our GT325 ('02, sold in 2014) there was a "camera orientation" switch located on the camera/display control panel, which switched the orientation from direct view to simulated rear-view mirror. It wasn't labelled, but the owner we bought from pointed it out.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
T bone wrote:
We just purchased a 2017 Georgetown 329S..So far we are very pleased only some minor things..Like, the rear camera was mounted upside down,made things on the right appear on the left..Very disconcerting!!We tried a coachmen Concord for a while but it was just too small.I am looking in to options to take the sway out of it.. It came with Bilsteins so that is a plus. Also the water heater electric switch is out on the heater. I plan to remedy that by installing a switch inside..Any and all help and suggestions are appreciated..

Install a system such as hellwig sells;; HD front and rear sway bar kits
will take the sway right out;; theres backyard fixes like relocate front link to bar arm and rubber overload assists etc but the true fix is a hellwig sway system bar system
http://www.hellwigproducts.com/products/rv-suspension/rv-sway-bars/

jergeod
Explorer
Explorer
Look into Sumo springs for ride and sway improvment. Look up supersprings.com
There is a ton of info on them on other sites. I have had them for 3 years now and for the money it was well spent.
George & Jerri
USMC VET
Jayco Eagle 339 flqs
upstate NY

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Still though, in some areas of the USA 110k can buy a pretty moderate 3-2-2. Nothing fancy but not bad. Should have better quality control. With that said typically I have heard the Georgetowns are pretty good coaches. A lot of owners are pleased with their purchase.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Ava wrote:
I am always amazed at the lack of quality control in new expensive rvs. We can buy a brand new car for $15,000 or less and have better quality than a $2-3-400,00 rv. Just my two cents.

understood sort of BUT a 2017 Georgetown 329S is no where near 200K never mind 3-400K;; maybe 110K;; just saying is all
also regarding the camera I suspect it was just wired left to right and right to left not upside down but should have been caught at factory or the very least the dealer PDI

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I am always amazed at the lack of quality control in new expensive rvs. We can buy a brand new car for $15,000 or less and have better quality than a $2-3-400,00 rv. Just my two cents.