cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GM Recalls Expanded

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since many of the vehicles being recalled are also used as toads, I thought this may be of interest to others.....Dennis

GM expands recalls to 4.8 million vehicles

Of interest, to me of course, is the following:

"The expanded recall now includes six models: 2005-10 Cobalts, 2006-10 Pontiac Solstices, 2007-10 Pontiac G5s and Saturn Skys, 2006-11 Chevrolet HHRs and 2003-7 Saturn Ions."
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG
21 REPLIES 21

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
My ignition switch was replaced 18 months ago with a recall on my HHR. It was a situation where the key could not be removed from the switch and in some instances you could not turn OFF the ignition.
Now it appears that the switches will just suddenly go dead.
Maybe somewhere in the middle is the answer to their switch problems. :B

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
bullydogs1 wrote:
I find it very refreshing when I buckle the lap only seat belt and fire up my 65 Impala SS for a ride. Mine even has manual brakes. I know I am in complete control.

Slurp slurp drool drool

My wife made me sell the classic cars....the only toy I can have is the HR

I still have my '47 Ford Pickemup truck...

"Built FORD tough, but with all CHEVY stuff!"

and the GAS TANK is UNDER the SEAT!!! no recalls on it.... YET....:B:B....Dennis

I like it! Very cool! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
bullydogs1 wrote:
I find it very refreshing when I buckle the lap only seat belt and fire up my 65 Impala SS for a ride. Mine even has manual brakes. I know I am in complete control.

Slurp slurp drool drool

I still have my '47 Ford Pickemup truck...

"Built FORD tough, but with all CHEVY stuff!"

and the GAS TANK is UNDER the SEAT!!! no recalls on it.... YET....:B:B....Dennis

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer

Slurp slurp drool drool

Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

okgc
Explorer
Explorer
Recalls Recalls Recalls
Yes it is GMs turn in the barrel. EVERY manufacture has had issues.
Nissan currently has airbag problems. Dodge (RAM) recalled over a million trucks for tie rods braking. Toyota recently expanded their truck frame rust recall to newer models.
Older recalls include Toyota floormats or computer issues. Ford cruise controls and ignition switches causing fires.
Flash back to Ford Police Crown Victoria gas tanks exploding on impact (remember the Pinto?)

Safety standards certainly have changed and I would bet most of us here even remember pickup trucks with the gas tank in the passenger compartment behind the drivers seat. Talk about scary in today's world.

What concerns me is that modern cars are becoming sort of a PacMan game on wheels. The driver is slowly losing control with sensors feeding a computer deciding when to stop and go.

2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis

My wife feels that the woman CEO was put there on purpose..TO BE THE FALL PERSON...because this is only the beginning....there are a ton of early OUTLOOKS, ACADIAS, and TRAVERSES......2007 to 2008, when you drive thru rain, the power steering and other electrical items quit....then they tried a new fender liner...nope..same issue, I wrote about it to NTHSA and all I got back was a questionnaire, GM said they knew about it, were stymied on a fix, and took it back with a depreciated value per mile, and gave us a 4000 certificate with a 1 year limit, which I purchased the SONIC I use a daily driver...and so if anything happened to my VUE which I use as the TOAD, the SONIC could take over...but my search showed it to be a common issue...all the******from GM is going to come back starting now...although my VUE has been a great TOAD overall.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

todouble
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! Seven recent recalls? I would never own a government motors. Hope they get it all sorted out.