cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Sam Insurance

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any experience yet with Good Sams new RV insurance ? I have a flyer asking me to call for a quote to save a lot of money...blah....blah...blah..etc.

I am a little cautious with new anything, but especially something as important as insurance. I currently have Progressive.

Would like to hear of any experience... Private e-mail if appropriate.
Thanks.

JS
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
12 REPLIES 12

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
I have National General thru FMCA and they have been great. We'll see next year at renewal time though as I have had a windshield claim and a claim on the toad when a rock jumped out and scraped a rear door. I'll be surprised if those two claims go unpunished.
jwmII

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Had one claim with GS/National General about six years ago for awning replacement. One call, a trip to an RV dealer for replacement and that was it. How 'no hassle' is that! No increase in premium either.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

KPetrick
Explorer
Explorer
USMC46 - We have multiple mailings. Would you be able to private message me an image or picture of what you received so I can accurately address your question?

MWJones
Explorer
Explorer
USMC46-
Experience? Oh Yes!!!
Several years ago after offer after offer came in the mail, I called for a quote. About $600 per year less. I jumped on it. Paid for six mths. Renewal was very little increase. Renewed. Had one $1200 claim.
Got next renewal notice. Increase of 250%. YES 250% Experience? OH YES!!!
RUN,RUN,RUN !!!!!
M Jones
American and Texan by birth
Christian by the Grace of God
Retired and enjoying Traveling and Camping
Spending part of summers in South Fork, Co

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Toddupton wrote:
RUN, RUN , RUN! As fast as you can and don't look back!

Can you please elaborate on your statement. Do you have a particular experience to back up your reasoning, or do you think they are owned by Good Sam?
Thanks
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
So Keith. The advertisement I received says that the vehicle insurance is provided by a member company of the National General Insurance Group . Can you advise who that is ?
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I called for a quote, they were higher on the fifth wheel and truck by about 800.00 per year IIRC.

KPetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Insurance Agency is a full service independent agency owned and operated by Good Sam. We represent National General, Progressive, Safeco, Allied, Blue Sky, Foremost, National Interstate, American Strategic and Arrowhead. While we specialize in RV insurance we can quote all your personal lines insurance needs. We have been in business for over 20 years.
Keith Petrick - Director of Good Sam Insurance Agency.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
USMC46 wrote:
Mile High

I frankly dont know obviously since I dont have it. However, their mailing says : "The All New Good Sams Insurance Agency" ..... Maybe they were selling the insurance but NOW have their own insurance agency ????? Marketing slight oif hand maybe... The very fine print says its National General Insurance Group ! Anyway...any experience with the insurance ?

We did have theirs on our 2014 5th wheel. I understood Good Sam was a broker and they had choices of several companies. For ours it was National General.

They had a pretty sweet replacement value program for ours because it was less than 2 years old - full replacement MSRP in the first 5 years, and then it reverted to purchase price for life or until we sold.

We never had a claim. I do know that after the first renewal they suddenly had memory loss of what the actual replacement MSRP value was, as they defaulted to the base price of the RV rather than base plus options. That part made me a bit frustrated, but base was a lot more than we paid anyway so I never pursued the resolve and we traded anyway a few months later.

I did give them a chance on the MH we have now, but replacement value couldn't be issued on a 3 year old MH. Without replacement value, they were no longer competitive with the other companies and we went for a better price at Safeco (actual cash value policy).
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
RUN, RUN , RUN! As fast as you can and don't look back!

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High

I frankly dont know obviously since I dont have it. However, their mailing says : "The All New Good Sams Insurance Agency" ..... Maybe they were selling the insurance but NOW have their own insurance agency ????? Marketing slight oif hand maybe... The very fine print says its National General Insurance Group ! Anyway...any experience with the insurance ?
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
What is the "new" insurance? We had ours with them, which was National General.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed