cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got yelled at!

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
Last night, I was sitting outside reading quite late - like 1AM. Just couldn't sleep. I had no music, no TV, and a bottle of water. Just nice quiet time with the sounds of late-night nature. The reason I sat outside is that my leg is a bouncer, and it drives my partner crazy.

So, the guy next to us on the DRIVER SIDE SITE comes over and raises holly hell that I am sitting outside this late, and that it is quiet time! He was loud. So, I stood up, took off my glasses and asked him why I was bothering him? He said it was quiet time and everyone is supposed to be in their RV. I told him to go away and call the host if he has a problem with it, and to leave me alone.

This morning, his wife came over to apologize. But, they still moved to another site. I am OK with that. The camp host came by to ask what happened, and I explained. He just rolled his eyes, and said he was sorry to bother me.

So, reading quietly is not allowed, according to this guy? I sit outside late often to read. While it is not normally that late, I am a bit of a night-owl. Thoughts?
98 REPLIES 98

CT_WANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
paulsang wrote:
Follow up.

I was reading, for those who need to know, Dandelion Wine, by Ray Bradbury.

The wife was walking by this morning and stopped over again. She wanted to talk to me. Long and short of it is that her husband was diagnosed as manic depressive and suffers bouts of paranoia. She explained that he was mortified by his actions the next day and that was why they moved. Apparently, his meds were adjusted right before they went on the road, and his is not adjusting well to the change. This is their last stop, then she is taking him home.

I told her please not to worry at all. She was on the verge of tears telling me what they have been going through.

So, what do I do? I invite them over for supper tonight, and she just texted to say they will both be here. I am glad. Hopefully, we made some more friends.

Now, to whip up a gourmet meal on 18" of counter space...:B

That is always the challenge to make dinner for a group of friends while camping in the very large kitchen that we all have. I am a believer in life is to short, so enjoy it while you can. You will never know what tomorrow will bring.

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a nice outcome! Three cheers for you, OP!!! 🙂
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the OP has a Class A?
bumpy

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
paulsang wrote:
Francesca Knowles wrote:
paulsang wrote:
Follow up.

The wife was walking by this morning and stopped over again. She wanted to talk to me. Long and short of it is that her husband was diagnosed as manic depressive and suffers bouts of paranoia. She explained that he was mortified by his actions the next day and that was why they moved. Apparently, his meds were adjusted right before they went on the road, and his is not adjusting well to the change. This is their last stop, then she is taking him home.

I told her please not to worry at all. She was on the verge of tears telling me what they have been going through.

So, what do I do? I invite them over for supper tonight, and she just texted to say they will both be here. I am glad. Hopefully, we made some more friends.

This actually brought tears to my eyes...you're that best of all things human, Paulsang: a good person!

I try to treat everyone with some respect, caring and understanding. Everyone has a story. Sometimes people are jerks just to be jerks, but most often, that is not the case. I learned this years ago when an author was telling his story that changed his life. (forget who, but the story stuck)

The author was rising the subway. There was a man sitting near him just letting his 3 kids just run wild on the subway. He was just watching the kids run wild. It was angering everyone - author included. So the author went over to the man to get him to control the kids.

The man told the author that he didn't have the heart to reprimand the kids. They were coming from the hospital where their mother just died, and they don't know it yet. He has yet to tell them. This might be the last time they may be so carefree, and he doesn't have the heart to take the last bit of fun away as their lives will change forever when they get home. Changed everything for the author.

I do not remember who the author was, or if the story is really even true. But what stuck with me was the fact that everything is not as it seems on the surface. That has always taught me to keep a cool head in situations like I encountered, and has served me well. Everyone has a story.

Sure hope he doesn't have a gun.

timjcarter9
Explorer
Explorer
You better watch out for the guy on here who doesn't like "light pollution" and routinely goes and asks people to turn off their lights.

Glad it all worked out. Why can't I find neighbors that invite me for dinner when I'm out camping?
2003 Avalanche - 4.10 gears
2010 Puma 18DB
Sold - 1973 FMC 2900R

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what a bad camper. :B

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised you weren't eaten alive by mosquitoes.
Larry, Debbie & Max the Pug
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual transmission

Daboo
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like this guy could use a knuckle sandwich for this problems
Served proudly 1957-1965..U.S. Air Force

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
Aridon wrote:
Did someone really ask if you were opening a can of soda?

:eyeroll

Yup. LOL

And someone suggested I might be sitting by my hookups as well....

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Did someone really ask if you were opening a can of soda?

:eyeroll
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
paulsang wrote:
Follow up.

This actually brought tears to my eyes...you're that best of all things human, Paulsang: a good person!

I try to treat everyone with some respect, caring and understanding. Everyone has a story. Sometimes people are jerks just to be jerks, but most often, that is not the case. I learned this years ago when an author was telling his story that changed his life. (forget who, but the story stuck)

The author was rising the subway. There was a man sitting near him just letting his 3 kids just run wild on the subway. He was just watching the kids run wild. It was angering everyone - author included. So the author went over to the man to get him to control the kids.

The man told the author that he didn't have the heart to reprimand the kids. They were coming from the hospital where their mother just died, and they don't know it yet. He has yet to tell them. This might be the last time they may be so carefree, and he doesn't have the heart to take the last bit of fun away as their lives will change forever when they get home. Changed everything for the author.

I do not remember who the author was, or if the story is really even true. But what stuck with me was the fact that everything is not as it seems on the surface. That has always taught me to keep a cool head in situations like I encountered, and has served me well. Everyone has a story.

NMace
Explorer
Explorer
You are a blessing, I hope to camp by you someday.
2002 Silverado 6L 1500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab
2011 Puma 295 KBHSS

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
Good for You....................!!!!!!!! I am sure he is not too pleased with himself...........but, being in Emergency Medicine/////Fire dept for near 30 years.............You see the most interesting people................I bet it will be a great time, for all of you.

Sounds like maybe they both need to "Get the tension" off their chests, and you may be the person to help them...............Good for you.en
joy...!!!!!:C
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
paulsang wrote:
Follow up.

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
Follow up.