cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got yelled at!

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
Last night, I was sitting outside reading quite late - like 1AM. Just couldn't sleep. I had no music, no TV, and a bottle of water. Just nice quiet time with the sounds of late-night nature. The reason I sat outside is that my leg is a bouncer, and it drives my partner crazy.

So, the guy next to us on the DRIVER SIDE SITE comes over and raises holly hell that I am sitting outside this late, and that it is quiet time! He was loud. So, I stood up, took off my glasses and asked him why I was bothering him? He said it was quiet time and everyone is supposed to be in their RV. I told him to go away and call the host if he has a problem with it, and to leave me alone.

This morning, his wife came over to apologize. But, they still moved to another site. I am OK with that. The camp host came by to ask what happened, and I explained. He just rolled his eyes, and said he was sorry to bother me.

So, reading quietly is not allowed, according to this guy? I sit outside late often to read. While it is not normally that late, I am a bit of a night-owl. Thoughts?
98 REPLIES 98

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
paulsang wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
The Dung Beetles wrote:
Me? Beans?? No, we had marinated steak, and a green salad. I ban beans from the TT... not enough distance between hub and me...LOL

OH NO!!!!!

Beans are so good. Good amount of broth, Ham of course, onions and corn bread slathered in butter dripping off your chin.

Now I am hungry.

Favorite meal is homemade Beans with lots of pork, onions, and brown sugar, with grilled Kielbasa. Great cool weather meal. We can leave the windows open!;)

oh oh, now I'm hungry!
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
The Dung Beetles wrote:
Me? Beans?? No, we had marinated steak, and a green salad. I ban beans from the TT... not enough distance between hub and me...LOL

OH NO!!!!!

Beans are so good. Good amount of broth, Ham of course, onions and corn bread slathered in butter dripping off your chin.

Now I am hungry.

Favorite meal is homemade Beans with lots of pork, onions, and brown sugar, with grilled Kielbasa. Great cool weather meal. We can leave the windows open!;)

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
The Dung Beetles wrote:

OH NO!!!!!

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
~ It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness ~ Dave Barry

Carl, Felicia, Eva & Pip (the fur kids)

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
down home wrote:
Did you have beans for dinner?

I mean supper.

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you have beans for dinner?

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
LOL @ wnypat!

That would work!!! I'm glad to see some humor rising to the top of this topic! Maybe a chalk outline in the dirt would send a STRONG msg too? 😛

*giggling*...

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
The Dung Beetles wrote:
Sounds like he was nuts. I cannot stand people like that! However, I DO pity his wife.

Just a cranky JERK. Yes... he could have dementia... yes... he could have been smokin' wacky weed, or drinking Wild Turkey. Regardless, he needed to STAY on his side of the parking site and leave you to your book.

You should have gone out and put a looooooooong line of duct tape between your rigs in the dirt. Post a sign... KEEP OUT.. LOL
Think I'm going to have to borrow some "Crime Scene" tape. Should work well to keep those kind away.
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
SpinRite wrote:
paulsang wrote:
... By page 5, I predict I will be completely at fault, and that I will be branded a bad camper.:p
Well, here we are on page 5, and you were only half right! You wiggled out of the 'bad camper' rap, but it's not looking too good for your posting skills.

True!! LOL
:S

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
BUMPY...

GOOD NIGHT.. I was joking... lighten up!!! Sheezzzzz....

Also.. they were parked.. so wouldn't it be "park rage" to be PC?

See... kidding... just joking...

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
The Dung Beetles wrote:
Sounds like he was nuts. I cannot stand people like that! However, I DO pity his wife.

Just a cranky JERK. Yes... he could have dementia... yes... he could have been smokin' wacky weed, or drinking Wild Turkey. Regardless, he needed to STAY on his side of the parking site and leave you to your book.

You should have gone out and put a looooooooong line of duct tape between your rigs in the dirt. Post a sign... KEEP OUT.. LOL

I do believe that the OP handled it much better than this suggestion.
no need to instigate road rage.
bumpy

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
cbayman wrote:
I only read the Class A Forum because that's what I own, so I am glad it was posted here. Personally it should have been posted in all the forums as it is a lesson everyone can learn from.

Perfect response!
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

SpinRite
Explorer
Explorer
paulsang wrote:
... By page 5, I predict I will be completely at fault, and that I will be branded a bad camper.:p
Well, here we are on page 5, and you were only half right! You wiggled out of the 'bad camper' rap, but it's not looking too good for your posting skills.
'94 Holiday Rambler Navigator
38', Cummins 8.3 300hp, Allison 3060
pushed by a 2005 Honda Element