cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graduated from beginner

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
After 1 year of RVing I feel like I have graduated to intermediate RVer. Many trips within Florida and a month-long journey up the east coast have given me a lot of experience. It was the round trip Florida to New York and Massachusetts that really pushed me over. I went through the Smoky Mountains, Blue Ridge Parkway campgrounds with no hook-ups, dry camping at a music festival, 2 tire failures (thank you Tire Minder), 1 electrical reverse polarity (thank you Surge Guard). I learned how to use my manual transmission mode in the mountains, how to best use the GPS without trusting it too much, how best to handle parking at rest areas and many other things. I learned that my vehicle is the perfect size for me and the kind of camping experience I want. Life is good.
Thanks for providing tons of education and advice - all of which helped me greatly in the selection of my RV and the preparations for my trips.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds
4 REPLIES 4

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Hey, good to hear you've done so well, and congratulations on the graduation. We'll get your diploma in the mail.

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I purposely chose the Chevy and, so far, am very glad I did. They were not easy to find in the Spirit/Minnie Winnie at the time I was buying.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations to have graduated to intermediate RVer. Also to A full member with your 50th post, now only 150 more and you will be a Senior Member.

I see that you chose well in getting a RV on a Chevy Chassis that shows a lot of thought went into it.

If you haven't already read the clicky in my signature there is a lot of information that pertains to a Chevy Based Class C that may be useful.
Here's hoping that you and Daisy keep on having a good time.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you have learned a lot over the last year. Glad you are happy with your set up. All that matters is it is perfect for you and Daisy.
May the two of you continue to travel safe and keep the learning experience going!

C
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us