cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gulfstream BT Cruiser Procedures

brndnew2rvg
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for the appropriate procedures for starting my a/c, heater and hot water heater while connected to an electrical source or when running the generator.
4 REPLIES 4

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Best to give the generator a couple of minutes to warm up before putting a large load (a/c or microwave) on it. I'll usually start the Onan, let it smooth out, then start the a/c on 'fan only' to put a small load on the Onan. Wait about two minutes, then start the compressor.

Jim, "Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, the A/C is AC (bad pun) so it only runs when plugged into shore power or on the generator.

The heater is propane. When you turn on the propane tank, light a stove eye first. That flushes the air out of the propane lines and ensures that the heater will light. You don't have to do that every time you run the heater, just when you open the propane tank after having it shut off.

Both the water heater and the refrigerator run off propane too, but each may also run off of 120v AC. Some do, some don't. Usually, the water heater has 2 separate switches, one for electric and one for gas. You can run both while showering or using a lot of hot water for faster recovery. The refrigerator usually has an AUTO setting, a GAS setting and OFF. If set to GAS, it only uses propane. If set to AUTO, it uses electric when plugged in or on generator, and uses propane otherwise.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

brndnew2rvg
Explorer
Explorer
OK, thats why I was confused due to when the propane would be needed to be turned on. So, once I have the propane turned on and I select the heat on the control panel, I should get heat, correct? The a/c should turn on whether its using electric (plug in) or the generater?

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just turn them on. If this doesn't address your concerns, I don't understand the question.

The heater doesn't use the 120v system. It is propane and 12v. The water heater may or may not have a 120v electrical heating element.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB