Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help finding fresh date Tires

LaOrange
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all
I am trying to help out a friend. He is looking to replace the tires on his class A
He curently has Michelin 22 / 80 tires that are about 6 years old. While looking he is not
haveing any luck on finding freash dated tires, or they will not guarantee the dates.
He lives in South Louisana.
Any help would be great
Thanks. Michael

La.Orange

20 REPLIES 20

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
LaOrange wrote:
Hi all
I am trying to help out a friend. He is looking to replace the tires on his class A
He curently has Michelin 22 / 80 tires that are about 6 years old. While looking he is not
haveing any luck on finding freash dated tires, or they will not guarantee the dates.
He lives in South Louisana.
Any help would be great
Thanks. Michael

All he has to do, is for asking the dealer to contact the warehouse, before shipping his tires.
If they can't do that, move on to one that can and will.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
You need to post the actual tire size for our direct help.

" Michelin 22 / 80 tires" is not it.

Could be something like 275/80R22.5

The other option is to call Michelin Corp.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last set of tires I bought for the previous coach I went to a dealer and told him I would not accept tires over 6 months old. All 6 were the same date and excellent.
Then I got hosed for mounting, balancing, disposal of the old tires.
I was not nearly as smart as I thought I was being. Next time I will negotiate the ENTIRE deal before the handshake. Color me a dumbazz
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Of course, we don't know where the friend tried to find tires perhaps he was looking for tires off the shelf.
If off the shelf I'd go to the biggest tire dealer in the area, the one that sells the most tires. With luck they have them in stock.
If not in stock will they order what you want?
If not, try a smaller dealer who might go the extra mile to satisfy you
I also like the idea of developing a relationship with a dealer who cares about you.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,ve told the dealer what dates I,d except ,and if they were older I,d not pay for them and write it on the work order and date. but I,ve never had a problem by just asking . your tire dealer can do the same when he orders them. find a new tire dealer.

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I had my motor home and actually I do the same for all my vehicles, I purchase from the same dealer here locally. In doing so the dealer knows I will not accept any tires not made in the year I purchase. I am not a butt, however, the dealer knows I am checking the dates and if not current year he will have to take them back off. Developing good relationships go a long way in everything you do.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023