cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

Gargamel
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 78 Dodge Jamboree Rallye with a 360 motor. Does anyone know what kind of chassis this has? Also I need some new tires and am not sure what kind I should get as far as load capacity goes...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh yeah, I am also in desperate need of the chassis manual for this unit if anyone is in possession of such a thing that they could email to me.
Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to this link, http://myvindecoder.com/dodge-vin-decoder/ and put the vehicle VIN in. See what it tells you.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
In 1978 we bought an older 19' Jamboree on a Dodge Van chassie. The rear axel had duels, and the wheels were different than the ones on the front. The spair that came with it fit the front, with no spare for the rear.

Dusty

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's dual rear wheel and/or 8-lug (probably 16.5") wheels, tires should be Load Range "D" or higher. D is about as high as you'll commonly find in 16.5" and E is very common in 16".

I saw a Dodge with 16" wheels on a visit to a lighthouse and I ***SO*** wish I'd hunted the owner to see what they came off of. If you have a C THAT old and it's a keeper AND you need tires, it'd be good to find seven (assuming dual wheels) 16" wheels. You might even be able to find them with serviceable tires.

A Dodge dealer should be able to de-code the information you need for parts. We had a 1971 One-Ton Dodge Window Van and its model was simply called "B30". A good counter person at NAPA could possibly help too. My guess is if you go after "One Ton Dodge Van" (Cube Van if you're lucky) you should be able to get virtually any part you need.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

DaHose
Explorer
Explorer
A dodge that old might even have16.5" wheels. Be positive of rim size as only Firestone makes a 16.5. If it has16's, then you can get LT tires in the correct load range and save some money. Although LT tires need replacement every 5 years, not 7 like RV rated tires.

Jose

Gargamel
Explorer
Explorer
and I guess as far as the tires I can figure out what size I need by the numbers. I guess I'm just wondering if passenger vehicle rated tires will work or will I need the LT tires?

Gargamel
Explorer
Explorer
I know it's a dodge chassis I was just looking for the number, such as B350 because there are many of them and I'm not sure where to find that on the van. None of the original documentation is with it. I'll have to check the tires when I get home. Thanks for the reply!

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Should be a DODGE van chassis, probably a B350 1 ton. How many lug nuts does it have and what are the numbers and letters on the side of the tires.