Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitch cargo carrier plus bicycle rack for two

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
Hi:
I need more storage in my Pleasure Way Lexor TS. I want to have a hitch carrier that can hold the hoses, etc. plus I would like to add two bicycles on the aft end of the cargo carrier. The one I'm looking at now is Blue Devil Hitch Cargo Carrier Bicycle Rack. Are there other options. It is out-of-stock at discount ramps.

Thanks for any help.
Bob
13 REPLIES 13

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I think he was joking about not seeing the bike. That's almost all you see. Way to make it work.Good for you. Great that you take her with you. That is love.

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Davydd - this is one of the tunnels on the Needles Hiway near Custer State Park in South Dakota - Custer is one of our favorite places! Several similar rock cuts on that route.

St. A - sorry, but this was the best shot I could find that showed both the Bike Rack (nothing fancy - just a Bell 4-bike rack) and the Hitch-Haul rack with gear loaded on them. The bike rack actually is carrying our tandem and a wheelchair (in the yellow cover) - the tandem allows my DW to join in on bike rides since I provide the "power"... If I can find another shot I can post it. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
Can't see the bikes well. Do you have a better picture?
Thanks for this one in any case.
loggenrock wrote:
Well...take a look! I've used this system for about 80k miles!

ST

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Fold your rear view mirrors in B+s! 😉

Loggenrock, Where was that tunnel?
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Well...take a look! I've used this system for about 80k miles!

ST
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1967-1977 Family TT's

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
I think that the bikes will work. I use a Saris 2-bike hitch rack. and it seems that it will give me a bit of room. If I only had 6 inches of cargo carrier available it would be enough for me. Would like to have more but will not know until I get it setup.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Maxxtow dual receiver

Are you sure that would work? The lower receiver intimates it is designed to tow a trailer. The upper receiver obviously for something like a bike rack. But do you have enough clearance between them to mount a carrier and a bike rack. They appear to be about 6" o.c. apart. You would have to choose carefully because they might interfere with each other trying to occupy the same space.
Davydd

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
Placing the order. This looks like a winning combination. Thanks to all who made suggestions.
Bob

loggenrock wrote:
I use a Dual Receiver - hitch-mount bike rack in the top receiver, Hitch Haul cargo tray/rack in the bottom one... check out this link from Amazon to get an idea... sorry 0 no "clicky"
http://www.amazon.com/Maxxtow-Towing-Products-70070-Extension/dp/B008CE09PM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401799250&sr=8-1&keywords=dual+receiver+hitch
ST

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Dual Receiver - hitch-mount bike rack in the top receiver, Hitch Haul cargo tray/rack in the bottom one... check out this link from Amazon to get an idea... sorry 0 no "clicky"
http://www.amazon.com/Maxxtow-Towing-Products-70070-Extension/dp/B008CE09PM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401799250&sr=8-1&keywords=dual+receiver+hitch
ST
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1967-1977 Family TT's

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my cargo rack from HF with a Hollywood Bike rack, in this case for one bike and one trike:

Cargo and Bikes
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, Davydd. Good advice. I have the Gearspace 34 and it is great. It has the landing gear for moving unit back and forth onto the hitch and it has a slide back system so you can open your back door too. Not cheap but has loads of room for bicycles, scooters(small) and tents etc. Love ours.
AL

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a cargo carrier that has an accessory that will hold two bicycles upright and under cover with room for hoses, etc. It's pricy.

Let'sGoAero Gearspace 34
Davydd

J_R2
Explorer
Explorer
Try E-trailer.com
Ron & Joanne 06 Revolution LE 40E