Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Houston area RV shop recommendation appreciated

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
RE: 2000 Winnebago Minnie Winnie

It appears that my awning is going to need to be replaced. I'm pretty sure it's the original. The sun has taken it's toll and highway driving in the wind didn't help. I've thought of having the top section repaired (the rest is good), but I'm also thinking of a new install.

I would appreciate a recommendation for the Houston area and am looking for a small efficient operation. Since I'm living in Winnie, I want to see the worker when he/she is working on the canopy. I don't want to have to remove a lot of stuff.

All input appreciated!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas
7 REPLIES 7

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
I'd go up the road to Livingston, West RV.
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

markbrumbaugh
Explorer
Explorer
Don't use Channelview Supply. They replaced my awning, and it has never closed correctly. I took it back and they claimed I had hit a tree with it...which I had not. They refused to adjust it correctly.
Patriot Guard, USA Ice Hockey Ref and Level 4 Coach, Reg Prof ChE
Hunting, Fishing, Lakehouse, Grandkids, Kids, Camping
Vulcan 900, Morphous

cmalberto
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Mike - right down the road from you in Pinewood. We just bought a class C last month. Bought from Holiday World. Our coach is in right now for warranty work. Dropped off Thursday by appointment(took 2 weeks plus to get that) but they called today and it was fixed. Quick turnaround after the scheduling wait.

I have also used the place in Lumberton(Happy's) and the place in Silsbee(Sherrods) - they both seemed to do good work and would most likely use them again depending on the circumstance as they are close.

Just some other ideas.
Mickey Alberto
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 320BH

Queens_Carriage
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Dues RV in Dickenson they seem to be fair. Had my awning fixed there. Friendswood is Holiday World used for parts never any repairs. PPL is very good. But traveling to the other side of town would not be worth the possible savings but would price them.
good luck

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
THANK YOU so much rockhillmanor!

Queens Carriage...I am on the south side...Friendswood
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

Queens_Carriage
Explorer
Explorer
Houston is a big town. What side of town are you on?

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a CG and ask who they use for RV Mobile Repair.

I had a breakdown in Houston and had my work done right on my CG site.

Houston is NOT the place to be driving a MH driving anywhere looking for repair. :B

I am a BIG advocate for having ALL my MH repairs/maintenance done at a CG by RV mobile Repair. It is done all the time and the CG owner KNOWS who is the best in town. The full timers and Snowbirds parked there will tell you who they use also. And it is WAAAAY cheaper than any dealership.

They come to you. You sit back and have a cold one! Good Luck.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.