cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the right part number for a A/C blower fan?

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1997 Intruder class A with the Ford chassis. On our way back home from a cross country trip the blower for the A/C stopped working. I just check and there is power to the fan. So I need to replace it. How do I find out the correct part number for the blower unit? Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
sailor_lou wrote:
twainharteartist wrote:
I pulled the fan and motor and there's the part number on the motor so I ordered one from RockAuto for a whole $27 delivered.

Glad you were able to easily find a replacement. Just out of curiosity, was it a Ford part?

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Yes it was . It was for a Ford F53.

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
twainharteartist wrote:
I pulled the fan and motor and there's the part number on the motor so I ordered one from RockAuto for a whole $27 delivered.

Glad you were able to easily find a replacement. Just out of curiosity, was it a Ford part?

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Easiest way is to pull into the lot at Auto-Zone, Discount Auto, O'Rilley's etc and remove the motor (if not already removed) to the parts's desk.

Tell 'em it is for a Ford and they will find it.. ODDS are very good they have one in stock and odds are it fits an F-350.. in fact likely an F=whatever.

Now I drive a Workhorse... That is how I did it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
If you are referring to the dash fan it could be almost anything. When the dash blower failed on our previous rig (97 Winne Vectra, F53, 460 CID w/ E4OD) I removed the motor and stopped at several Ford dealers looking for a replacement. Everyone gave me a blank stare and said they would need a part number. We were in SD at the time and then someone suggested I try NAPA. In New England the NAPA stores are pretty much as helpful as any of the large chain stores (ie: Autozone, Advance Autoparts, etc) so I thought it would be a wasted effort. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find a real parts store in SD setup for large machinery, most likely to support the farmers. The guy at the counter looked at the motor and in less than 5 seconds said it was a Chevy motor blower and handed me one within a few minutes.

Just because it's a Ford chassis doesn't mean too much when it comes to the coach parts installed by the MOHO manufacturer. Good luck.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
When my dash blower motor failed, I just removed it and headed to the auto parts store. Took about 5 minutes for the guys behind the counter to find an exact match, and they had no listings for my motorhome. It will likely be a very common Ford item.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
There should be a tag on the evaporator cover that indicates a manufacturer and model number. Once you find that you could contact them for parts.
Or pull the motor and go to NAPA Auto Store and let them match it. Spec's should be on the motor itself.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
It is the Ford F450 I think. the motorhome is a 34 foot class A. Have a 460 Ford engine and the E40D trans.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since you included FORD I'll assume it's the dash AC so it's either a Ford Econoline or maybe a F350.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...