cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How hard to install baseplate on 05 Liberty?

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me how hard it would be to install a Demco baseplate on an 05 Jeep Liberty. Easy enough to do myself or should I pay the $350 to have it done?
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD
10 REPLIES 10

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. Not sure I feel comfortable doing it myself.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Ox 2005 Liberty about 3 hours

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Bill72927
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a Demco baseplae on an 05 Liberty 10 years ago. Avery straight forward project that took about half a day start to finish. I think there were a couple holes to drill and a couple of trick fasteners that were supplied. I think that the grill and lower trim is removed to install then replaced. If you are fairly handy and have a pretty good tool box, go for it!
Good luck!
Bill

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to assume that your 05 Liberty is very similar to an 04. Try this YouTube Video for a step by step installation. I've installed four Blue Ox Base Plates on four diffent vehicles, the latest was last week on my Chevy Equinox and it was the hardest, but I'm a lot older than when I installed the first one and I didn't have access to all the tools I would have liked to have had. But it still went together very easily. I'm bettin' you can do it.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
I did a blue ox on our 2010 liberty, took about 3 hours, wasn't a problem.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
There should be a spot on Demcos site to read about the install. It should be pretty strait forward with pictures and the step by step process to do it. Then you could make a decision to whether or not you would like to tackle the project. Good Luck!
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

JerryofWV
Explorer
Explorer
I put one on my 2012 Liberty. If you a little handy it shouldn't be a problem. Read the instructions and they will give you an idea what you have to do, then decide.
Jerry & Dee Dee Pauley

2005 Monaco Monarch SE, Workhorse, Falcon II tow bar, ReadyBrake, 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I've put a few base plates on different vehicles and they are simple. Haven't done a Liberty but I can't imagine it would be difficult.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
Put a blue ox on my 04 liberty, a couple years ago. No problem, just had to get a rivet gun for plastic rivets to put the plastic front back on. took about three hours.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just put a Demco on the vehicle I'll be towing soon, a 2008 HHR. Now I realize it's not what your asking, but the install was straight forward and fairly easy.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)