cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

new_v_er
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome TravcoJim, You great big Jellybean:B
Regarding your LOT in Life: Build something on it ... or park your Dodge on it.;)
Bill & Laurie
1976 Dodge Sportsman Midas Mini 226

travcojim
Explorer
Explorer
Just a short note to say Hello, I have a 67 travco that has been gone thru top to bottom and runs like a new rig, It now has the 440 with a new tranny and a Dana rear end. Glad to see so many dodge fans out there. I am in Northwest Arkansas.

new_v_er
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Scruff:C
Regarding your LOT in Life: Build something on it ... or park your Dodge on it.;)
Bill & Laurie

Scruffy5
Explorer
Explorer
Mine on the inside of the rim where the tire meets rhe rim it says budd and then a wheel number.I didn't no that until 2 weeks ago until i started shopping for replacement wheels.Budd wheels like mine have a bump on the hub and a line up whole in the rim,what for i'm not sure.Also orignally i guess budd wheels were a two piece wheeland you couldn't use tubeless or radial tires just tube type.Mine have tubeless tires on them and sometime this week new radials put on.hope this helps,if i'm wrong maybe someone can help us both out.by the way Budd wheels was actually a co.and they been out of business for a number of years.
Scruffy 1977 25'Allegro

new_v_er
Explorer
Explorer
What is the difference between a 16" or 16.5" wheel and "Budd Wheels" of the same size and will I be able to tell the difference by just looking at th ones on my rig?
Bill & Laurie

JoeMac1000
Explorer
Explorer
Scruffy5...
Try E-Bay, under the automotive section. Search Hub Caps or Wheel Covers.

JoeMac:C
JoeMac1000
73' Minnie Winnie, 360.

Still up and running strong. ๐Ÿ™‚

A bad day of fishing sure beats a good day at work! ๐Ÿ™‚

Scruffy5
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know where i can find a replacement wheel cover for 17.5 budd wheel? i lost one somewhere!
Scruffy 1977 25'Allegro

Scruffy5
Explorer
Explorer
Hey where did everybody go?Iposted this somwhere but in the wrong forum probably! einstein i'm not.I must be the only one left with a Dem Old Dudes Go Everywhere
Scruffy 1977 25'Allegro

westtexus
Explorer
Explorer
Measure the primaries on your thermoquad, one inch is 800 cfm, 1 1/2 inch is 850 cfm, and the 1000 cfm is marked performance series. As I understand it only these sizes were made. I ended up with a 600cfm because I did not know this at the time and trusted the guy behind the counter. Although I have read on a carb web site that 600cfm is good for engines up to 300 HP.

Edelbrock tech support told me they no longer make a direct replacement, requiring an adapter from spreadbore to squarebore.
Westtexus 1991 Fleetwood Flair

Scruffy5
Explorer
Explorer
Okay I'm convinced,I've been checking the local parts stores around here,they can get me a Edelbrock,but can't find a application for a 440.all they come back with is a replacement thermoquad!how big and what carb# so i can say give me this and that and how much of the quad linkage do i save?did you go performer 600cfm like Westexus or 750? thanks and how big of a hammer did you use?
Scruffy 1977 25'Allegro

Airmon
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
I'm joining the Dodge club. We just bought '79 Beaver 25' Class C, we go to pick it up in a little over a week. I'll post pictures once we have it and let everyone know how the trip went. We're very excited to move from a TT to a Class C and eager to play with our new/old camper. It's the perfect layout and has virtually everything that we wanted.
Eric
2003 Southwind/2016 JKUR
Emporia, VA

pugmaster
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Scruffy5
Get rid of that Thermoquad!
I faught and struggled with the Carter Thermoquad and beat
my head against the dash in frustration. Even when it's adjusted
"perfect" it still won't be right. I too had to drain the oil then air out the engine for a few days due to filling with gasoline.
I finally got smart after spending a fortune on trying to keep the
thermoquad adjusted: I removed it, hammered it into new forms, made it into an interesting pile of scrap metal, then ordered a Edlebrock carb. An Edelbrock is expensive, but considering what it will save you in the future it's very well worth the cost. Installation is very
easy and Edelbrock makes a carb specificly to replace the Thermoquad.

westtexus
Explorer
Explorer
I put an Edelbrock performer series on my 1976 440, and with proper adjustment, it runs great, starts properly in cold weather. I have had a problem with vapor lock, but have taken steps to fix that. Don't know if it is fixed yet, but I will soon. I should point out that my Edelbrock was new in the box, but the float level and drop, nor any part of choke function was adjusted. Nor would the rear butterflies open. The instruction manual did have very good instructions, for the most part, on how to make adjustments.
Westtexus 1991 Fleetwood Flair

Sound_Choice
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Scruffy5,
I don't KNOW a great deal about the Thermoquad, but I do have a great deal of experience...ALL OF IT BAD! Barb & I have a '74 Cobra/Dodge 440-3 engine for 5 years...it has had a Thermoquad Carb on it, to our, and our mechanics, consternation(thats constipation of the brain). (I should point out that Larry, our mechanic is an ex Dodge Truck Division Chrysler guy and no matter what he did at my request to "get us by" the T-Quad will not hold an adjustment, floods or starves, or will not properly choke on starting. Larry says it was because Chrysler used non-metalic (cheap) parts and with age and wear were not very good for very long. Even Chrysler came out w/a Bulletin reccommending conversion to a Carter AFB carb, which we are doing as of this writing. In about one-weeks time I will give you a more detailed report on the conversion. There should be others on this thread with even more experience than I who may respond also.
In addition to the Good Sam folks there is also a "Durable Dodge" chapter with FMCA which share great info etc.
"...bases are loaded and Kc's at bat...
taking it play by play!"
Kc & Barb
'74 Cobra Dodge 440(on the mend)

Scruffy5
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know anything about these Carter Thermoquad carbs?Mine was leaking gas onto the intake i think through the throttle linkage and when i changed oil she was a little overfull needless to say the lower end should be good and clean.i bought a carb kit for it and i am in the process of putting it in.Question,the fuel bowl is made of they say phenelic resin and on the bottom of the bowl there's two wedge type caps that used to be glued on,but there not.is this where my flooding is coming from and what kind of glue can i use to reattach these babies?thanks for the help Scruffy
Scruffy 1977 25'Allegro