cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some of those!
Malcolm

overdrive75
Explorer
Explorer
Well with the warm weather in MI I did a little work on the Citation. I found a pair of Captains Chairs out of a mid '90's Dodge conversion van on Craigslist. I got them for $50 and they bolted right to the 1978 pedestals. Talk about a good update, now we have armrests up front. The other plus is this was planned and now that we have them I can recover the rear dinnette seats to match.

Enjoy the pictures.

Now just 3 things left to do. install Pergo in the kitchen and door. New carpet under dinnette and up front. Peel and stick tile in the bathroom, and piece in all the new ceiling panels.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
You can't upload pics from your computer to the forum - you have to upload them to a photo hosting site like photobucket, then link to them here.
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

Lance_ek
Explorer
Explorer
Lets try to attach some pics......

Cant seem to get it to work. Probably operator error on my end...

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
TreeSeeker wrote:
>Can this cause any electrical damage because I did not use the thick RV cord 100% to the outlet?

Yes, the AC may not be able to draw as much power as it needs and the components may be damaged. It is much cheaper to purchase a RV extension cord than to replace your AC.

๐Ÿ˜ฎ I remember using the "thin" cord for about 4 hours back in September. I don't think I used the thin cord after that for the Air Conditioner. What kind of scares me is that in November when I excercised the generator, I turned turned on the air and it did not blow out cold. I guess I will recheck in a month or two. My fingers are crossed. I will buy the RV extension cord. Thanks,
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Lance_ek
Explorer
Explorer
Overdrive,
It would actually start sputtering and die climbing the hills, unless I took my foot out of the gas and let it slow down. I will try to sttach some pics later. I am heading out the door.

overdrive75
Explorer
Explorer
Lance, sounds nice, now let's see some pictures.

Others, this comment made about mechanical fuel pump, could that be the reason mine slows from 65 to 50 on hills in flatland MI, I have chased everything on it. It did come with a brand new fuel pump. So how does one tell when the old one is bad.

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures Lance,,, we always want pictures.... really congrats on the rig, sounds good,, 10 MPH on a 440 taint to bad.
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the group, Lance!

Sounds like you got a sweet rig there ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lance_ek
Explorer
Explorer
Another one checking in here. Bought a 79 Dodge Vangaurd 23' with a 440 and about 90k km a little over a year ago for a song. Interior was all new, needed some plumbing, propane and electrical work. I was able to fix all the problems for a couple hundred dollars and a couple of weeks worth of evenings.

Bought it with the intention of parking it on a bare acreage we bought. It ends up that it runs so good I have taken it down into the US towing my boat. Last time I got home, I had to change the mechanical fuel pump - it was original. It was losing power on the hills. Not bad for its age. Gets about 10mpg if I take it easy.

TreeSeeker
Explorer
Explorer
>Can this cause any electrical damage because I did not use the thick RV cord 100% to the outlet?

Yes, the AC may not be able to draw as much power as it needs and the components may be damaged. It is much cheaper to purchase a RV extension cord than to replace your AC.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Power Cord Question:

When I first bought my 1976 RV last September, I plugged it in to the house a few times with its Air Conditioner on and only used a "regular" outdoor extension cord connected to the thick RV cord. Can this cause any electrical damage because I did not use the thick RV cord 100% to the outlet? Thanks,
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't end up going, actually. But you can see pics at Boat Racing Facts

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Leeann

Speaking of Boat races, my dad was showing me some of the pics he was sent from that "old timers" reunion he wasn't able to get to... that I believe you made it that weekend. You wouldn't happen to have any pics from that weekend you'd be willing to share? I could burn them to a CD and send them up. He's not very computer literate.

Old___Slow
Explorer
Explorer
Good info' on the 440/tranny, thanks all