cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

mkpj1
Explorer
Explorer
Will this do it?

Eric I will shoot you a picture but mine is much the same. My tray was completely gone and the wheel well was mostly gone too due to rust. I have done some patching but it's not done yet. It will be the weekend though before I get the pic though. The PO used the windshield washer bottle for the relief bottle? My old PU just drained to the ground. What year did they change that? anyway the relief bottle was gone as they are known to dry out and fall apart.

Ken

79powerwagon
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes, the famous block of 2x4! :B

I'm trying to find out how all this stuff is supposed to fit. You've got lots of room in there, I'm kinda cramped. I dodn't even think my battery is installed in the correct orientation. Of course, the battery is held in with a bungee cord.:R

And the washer bag in yours? That was common practice on mopars for years! Take good care of it because they cost big bucks today!

And uh.... got that flooring in yet?:p Just kidding around!

Eric
She ain't purdy, but at least she's slow!

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I've got a '73, but it's an A.....but the photo's already online, so here you go:

As you can see, I've got no washer jug in that pic either - the bag at the far right is the washer jug...we took that and the vacuum tubing out and installed a 2-pump jug from something else instead :B
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

79powerwagon
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all. I DO have a request (maybe this will push it over the top?)...

I need a picture of your under-hood, battery area. My B300 rig has a "Jerry-rigged" battery tray, no coolant over-flow, and no washer jug. A friend of mine scavanged a JY and got me some parts, but they don't seem to be even close to fitting. I am assuming it's a model year or 1/2 ton vs. 1 ton kind of deal?

If someone could snap some pictures for me, I'd appreciate it! Getting close to having everything sorted out!

Eric

EDIT: Sorry, it's a 1973 model...

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Yea... I'm trying to come up with something worthwhile to post to "knock" it over... but I got nuttin'.

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey folks-

This thread is "teetering on the brink"-

dang near 100 pages!!!

Is that just beyond it or what?!?

markey

Big_John1
Explorer
Explorer
The counter top laminate appears to be original and is in good shape. If you're talking about the laminate flooring, the PO did all that. It still needs to be trimed out though. The refrigerator is just one unit with the freezer inside.

Ken, I've never been to Atlanta with the RR.

mkpj1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with you on the the laminate. The previous owner of our rig put in nice white berber. I have three kids and two labs. Ha! We where up in the Blue ridge Mountains this weekend and it rained much of the time we were there. Carper took a beating.

The counters look great Big John! Did you do them? The stain glass is a nice touch as well.
Ken

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Man, John - that is sweet inside! Is that 2 fridges, fridge + icebox or fridge + ??

Makes me want to get the dang laminate installed in mine already, but we've got a little more work first. I want to paint the cabinets, too - our drawer and door fronts are plastic (yes, plastic!). We've got some water-damaged paneling to replace, too, now that we've fixed the leaks. Oh, and replace the 1-door 5 cu. ft. fridge with a 2-door, 8 cu. ft. fridge. And replace the peeling/bending etc. ceiling stuff with plywood that looks like beadboard, painted with Kilz. And then another scrub/sand on the exterior and blow some paint on her. Media blast the wheels and paint them with chrome paint.....

Hmmm...I don't think that's everything, though....;)

mkpj1
Explorer
Explorer
Lieny's will do jut fine Eric. Yoiu know my wife is from Superior. Good beer but i'll drink about anything. Icehouse is good:). i'll shoot you a pic after the weekend.

Sweet autos guys. nice rig Eyeteeth! I wish I had some pics of my fords. I'll get some. We could do a little dragging eric. My 68 F100 will stand up...to about 80mph..hehe. Kindof geared for pulling and hauling. I stroked a 360 to a 390 with an RV cam. 2.09 intake, 1.76 exhaust, perfomer intake and 600cfm. Tri-ys. bored 30 over with stiff springs, cj rods, and forged pistons. It's got a beefed up c6 to transfer the power. Makes my wife squeel. Funny thing is it still looks like it belongs on the farm. Gosh darn, those guys in new Siverados hate getting blistered by an old farm truck! Guess it takes more than stickers and pipes to get the job done! I also have a 74 bronco with a 351W, NP435 that me and the wife like to go rock crawling in. i spun the timing chain so it's in the garage. i also have a rusted out 67 fastback but that project is a ways from any kind of completion. I will get some pics up.

Man Big J. That is one nice RR! Have you been to YearOne in Atlanta? I thought I remembered that ride down there?

Eric, Is it too much to ask for a little paint on the pulleys and PS pump? Nice motor. You sold the Fury?

Whitenight AKA Mark, How about a pic of the Bride of Frankenstien. Sounds Awsome! I had a rich buddy in highschool you took his parents new caddy biritz 4 wheeling in the mountains to a kegger while blasting AC/DC. Never forget that. some kindof suspension in that sucker!

Need to get the rigs right, tow the toys to a good spot, and drink some beer!

Ken

Big_John1
Explorer
Explorer

Big_John1
Explorer
Explorer
whiteknight001 wrote:
Big_John wrote:
And just to show that my Dodge does actually leave the driveway once in a while.

Is that a Cadillac Eldorito? Your rig is far straighter than mine. And,
I bet, no raccoons. Me so jealous...

Mark

Yep, that's an '01 Eldorado. My wife drives it. Great car! I switched to GM cars a few years ago. I had some real bad luck with late model Mopars and wasn't too happy. I do have a '95 Neon ACR that we were autocrossing, so I still have three Mopars in the stable, but there's three GM's there too. Along with the Caddy, I have a Pontiac GTP that I use for work and my '91 Corvette.

The old Dodge looks a lot better in this pic then it does in real life. The cab really needs paint and there is a couple of dings here and there in the rest. No racoons though.

The camp is at Fillmore Glen in Moravia, NY. Birthplace of Millard Fillmore!. Its a nice state park about 30 miles south of us. We're going back again in a couple weeks.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
whiteknight001 wrote:
To Leeann's husband: You are one incredibly lucky man!!!! I'm turning up a Guinness clone to you!

Mark

Heh - he doesn't drink :B

I'll take just about anything but Guinness - I'm not a fan of stout. But I love ales - and lagers, and pilsners, and.....;)

79powerwagon
Explorer
Explorer
OK, here's the Fury inside. Nothing special under the hood, old, worn out poly 318. The 440 was to go in her, but the new owner didn't want the 440, so I kept it and bought the Charger! BTW, The sidepipes are functional!

What is my preference for beers? BEER! :B I typically enjoy pilsners but have a great fondness for lagers and ales. I like the darker beers, but in small quantities. Out here there are so many quality brewers that a person could NEVER get bored with beer!

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
MasterBoondocker wrote:
WOW ... hasn't THIS just turned-out-to-be the chatty-room for the day !!

Almost forgot- gotta see the underhood and interior photos of your Fury-
and your rig too- I think there are very few like it. Both of them. Only one other rig like that I'm aware of, owner popped up in here for a while- handle was "Munkalido".

Mark