cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calibrate tank level panel leds

Marv_Hoag
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Monaco and the led that display tank levels ( Fresh, Grey, Black, LPG, Battery ) are not reading correctly. If I try to calibrate one it changes another. Is there a correct method for calibration?
2000 Monaco Windsor 40
2009 Honda Fit Sport
2012 Chevrolet Equinox
10 REPLIES 10

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
We don't know what kind of monitor system you have but on our 2004 Newmar we were able to take a tiny screwdriver at the monitor where there was a tiny hole at the read out light for each of the 3 tanks and turn it every so slightly to adjust it. It didn't change any of the other tank readings, only the one we adjusted. I think we only had to do this about 2x in 10 years so they did stay accurate.

On Newmar, the correct way to calibrate YOUR system is to fill all 3 tanks to full and then turn the adjustment screw for each tank until the full LED lights up. Doug

Yep. That's how we did it.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
2gypsies wrote:
We don't know what kind of monitor system you have but on our 2004 Newmar we were able to take a tiny screwdriver at the monitor where there was a tiny hole at the read out light for each of the 3 tanks and turn it every so slightly to adjust it. It didn't change any of the other tank readings, only the one we adjusted. I think we only had to do this about 2x in 10 years so they did stay accurate.

On Newmar, the correct way to calibrate YOUR system is to fill all 3 tanks to full and then turn the adjustment screw for each tank until the full LED lights up. Doug

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
RV geeks on U tube show you how it is down. look them up and watch their video.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Marv Hoag wrote:
I have a 2000 Monaco and the led that display tank levels ( Fresh, Grey, Black, LPG, Battery ) are not reading correctly. If I try to calibrate one it changes another. Is there a correct method for calibration?

Yes there is.
Use plenty of water and dump your black tank every three or four days and most likely eliminate the need for chemicals by using this method.
Dump your grey tank after about 4 baths or let some out when it comes up in the shower.
Always keep a reasonable amount of fresh water with the indicator usually being fairly accurate here or if you can actually see it, like we can under the bed, then go that route to be sure of what you have. We usually carry a couple of showers worth unless planning some dry camping and in which case, take on a full 100 gallons.
Propane has it's own gauge right on the tank that's accessible from the basement, so that shouldn't be a problem, either.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

DoubleVeteran
Explorer
Explorer
hershey wrote:
Tank level indicators were designed by an evil mind. EVIL.
I haven't looked at our indicators for over 10 years of fulltiming. I just have a mental note as to how many days its been since I dumped.
One can spend countless hours in trying to make them work, much less work accurately.

+1

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Yep,
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There are about 5 different systems that you can calibrate the system. We need to know which system you have. Can you post a pic of the monitor panel? Do you have the Alladin system on your year model? Doug

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Tank level indicators were designed by an evil mind. EVIL.
I haven't looked at our indicators for over 10 years of fulltiming. I just have a mental note as to how many days its been since I dumped.
One can spend countless hours in trying to make them work, much less work accurately.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
In my experience, tank monitors are so far off that mentioning them and "calibration" would be an oxymoron.
bumpy