cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove LTV Removable Pedestal

hermelv
Explorer
Explorer
Just traded our Class A motorhome for a new to us 2006 LTV Free Spirit Van. Been trying to remove the pedestal post from its base. It's made by Springdale Marine Company. I'm not able to remove the post and make the bed. There is a small black bottom on the base. I've pushed it but it did not release the post. There is a small screw at the bottom of the post. Do I need to remove this screw to release the post? Thanks in advance for all your help.
10 REPLIES 10

hermelv
Explorer
Explorer
Hi againn NC Writer. Glad you liked our province. We also enjoyed a couple of days in Enfield/Rocky Mount last year. Again, thanks to the very helpful information gleaned from this forum, we were aware of the turbo resonator issue and ordered an aluminum eliminator online. It arrived yesterday and will install it tomorrow. The instructions seem pretty straight forward.

Thanks for the welcome AshGuy. We plan on visiting more of Canada and will try to make the owner rally in Manitoba.

We started packing the van today as campgrounds only open next week-end. We will be visiting our son in Moncton, our first magic carpet ride!

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
hermelv wrote:
Thanks NCWriter. Been reading the forum for quite a while and decided to join now that we own a Class B. I must say that your previous posts had a positive influence on our purchase. It was between a 2008 Roadtrek 190 Versatile and the 2006 LTV Free Spirit 210B. The LTV had less mileage (38,000) and we kind of liked the 22 MPG compared to the 7 or 8 we were getting with our 37 foot Class A.

Hermel

Glad to have helped lure you over to the dark side. The 2006 is serving us well, as we have been and hope to continue traveling long distances each year to see the US and Canada. A great trip up to Atlantic Canada last summer, lots of miles. Enjoyed NB for a week.

You probably already know about a minor plastic part called the turbo resonator that can break and cause Sprinters to go into Limp Home Mode. It's easy to get a metal replacement one online and a simple install, so if the previous owner didn't, you may want to replace it before a big trip. Good for peace of mind.

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
hermelv wrote:
It was indeed a beautiful day in New Brunswick. Got in the 90s up here.
Wow, we're in Myrtle Beach, SC tonight on a short coastal trip and that is about 20 degrees warmer than the high here today!

Welcome as a LTV owner. I think you will love yours as we do ours. Can't believe we have had ours eight years already.

Not sure if you are aware, but LTV has an annual owner rally at their factory site in Manitoba each year. We plan to go this year, we've been once before.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

hermelv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks NCWriter. Been reading the forum for quite a while and decided to join now that we own a Class B. I must say that your previous posts had a positive influence on our purchase. It was between a 2008 Roadtrek 190 Versatile and the 2006 LTV Free Spirit 210B. The LTV had less mileage (38,000) and we kind of liked the 22 MPG compared to the 7 or 8 we were getting with our 37 foot Class A. We've also purchased a park model trailer in Orange City, FL and will be getting there with the LTV. We also plan on visiting more of the US and Canada now that the driving will be more pleasant and economical.

Hermel

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum!

Glad you solved the problem. If you enjoy your new LTV van even half as much as we do, you'll think it's a magic carpet.

hermelv
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone. I was able to release the locking mechanism by pushing hard on the black button and turning counterclockwise as suggested by GailS and mlts22. It is in obvious need of a lubricant and will use silicone as suggested by midnightsadie.

Markopolo, thanks for the link to the company. It was indeed a beautiful day in New Brunswick. Got in the 90s up here. I had to put the AC on to work in the RV at 7:30 pm!

Good evening all and thank you again for the advice.

PS: It is because of the good advice and comments we read in this forum that we chose a Class B model. Thanks everyone for that also.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have these on my boat . you gotta hold in on the tab, and wiggle it up, when you get it out clean and spray silicone on the rod and the hole. mine get stuck real tight some times. even had to hit up on it with a hammer.

GailS
Explorer
Explorer
I think the black button may be stuck. Just step on it hard and twist the post counter clockwise.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Some pedestals might need twisting to remove, similar to a lens on a SLR camera.

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Link to Springfield Marine Company:

http://www.springfieldgrp.com/products-2/barbeque-grills-tables/table-pedestals

They also have a frequently asked questions section on their site that might help. If no one here knows the answer then give the company a call.

Beautiful day in New Brunswick today.
1997 Custom Van - GMC 6.5l Turbo diesel
My Profile
My Website