cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Window ??

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 Winn Voyage 38J on a Workhorse chassis, 8.1L Vortec gas engine. The passenger slide out has a window unit with 3 segments. The outer 2 panels swing out vertically. The center panel is fixed. The center panel double seal is bad, filled with condensation, and I need to repair.

My question is how to remove this center panel? It is not trapped between aluminum frame. Both side edges are exposed where they meet the outer panels. The top and bottom edges are flush with the aluminum frame, not under it. There are no clips or screws. All I can assume is it is pressed into a bead of adhesive?

Once removed I will tackle how to repair, either do myself, or take the panel to a glass shop. But my pickle is how to remove it.

I plan to call Winn Tech Support as well, but worried they won't have the details. I am hoping one of you may have done this before.

Thanks in advance....
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
3 REPLIES 3

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I had to remove my driver's side window. It is held in with screws from the inside through the inner frame into the outside frame. Remove the screws from the inside, remove the inside frame and "pop" the window to the outsude. I had to use a putty knife to break the seslant between the outer frame and the MH body before the window could be removed. It come out and reinstalls from the outside.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
As stated remove the window as a unit and then you either have screws or rivets to remove. I used rivets when putting it back together.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
When mine was repaired, they took the entire assembly out and then took the individual panels loose for repair. Once out of the coach, apparently it is easy to disassemble it further.